You can link Aadhaar to your bank account via internet banking by following the mentioned steps:
- Start by logging in the ‘internet banking’ feature of the account that you want to link to your Aadhaar
- Post-logging in, look for options like ‘add aadhaar card’ or ‘link to aadhaar’ or similar options which talks about connecting your bank account to your aadhaar
- After selecting the required option, fill in your aadhaar details like your 12 digit number, re-check and then submit
- After the information has been verified, the linking will be successful
This is a hassle-free way to connect your aadhaar to your bank account. All you will need a good internet connection and your aadhaar details.
Branch Channel Method
Another method is the ‘branch channel’ method. Individuals can follow this simple process to finish the linking. Steps are:
- Visit the nearest branch of the bank with whose account you wish to link your aadhaar
- Collect a copy of the form which will facilitate the linking
- Fill all the necessary details on the form like bank name, bank account number, name, age, aadhaar number, and mobile number
- Submit the form along with the copy of your aadhaar card
- The bank account will be linked after the bank representative verifies the information. Thus, it is advisable that people carry their original aadhaar card for the verification process
By visiting ATM
Bank account users can visit their specific bank ATM’s also to link their aadhaar cards with their bank accounts. Most of the banks offer this facility except few. To initiate the linking via ATM, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Visit your bank’s ATM
- Swipe your card and enter the Personal Identification Number (PIN) to proceed further
- Select ‘Registrations’ option which is available under ‘services’ menu
- Under ‘registrations’, opt for ‘aadhaar registration’ option
- Select the account type (current/savings account) and enter and re-enter your 12 digit aadhaar number in the space provided
- Submit the information
- A confirmation message will be displayed on the screen confirming successful linking
Via Phone banking
Several banks have come up with a facility to link their aadhaar to their bank accounts by using their mobile phones. Although every bank has a different number to initiate the seeding, the process almost remains the same.
- Check with your bank if they provide you with the phone banking facility
- If yes, then call on the number used by your bank for phone banking
- The bank will call you back and you will be asked to provide your aadhaar number
- Confirm your aadhaar number and soon you will receive a text message stating that your aadhaar has been linked to your aadhaar
Some account holders can link their aadhaar to their bank accounts through the means of an SMS. Prior to using this mode, cross-check with your bank if they provide this facility of linking aadhaar with your bank accounts. Also, the SMS format might differ from bank to bank. Follow the steps mentioned below to use this mode:
- Send a message in the format mentioned below to the number your bank uses for this purpose
Standard format: UID <space> type your aadhaar number<space> your bank account number
You will receive a text message which will confirm the linking. Aadhaar is mandatory so that the bank can verify your credentials via your aadhaar number.
Through Mobile app
Every bank has its own mobile app which comes with aadhaar linking feature. All you need to do it get your bank’s mobile app and follow these steps to initiate the linking process:
- Download the app and log in with your account credentials
- Follow the steps mentioned: ‘my accounts’ >> ‘services’ >> ‘view/update aadhaar details’
- Enter and then re-enter your aadhaar number and submit the information
- Once the linking is successful, you will receive an acknowledgment message via reliable means
Above mentioned steps are general in nature and the process might differ from bank to bank.
The above article discusses various ways through which users can get their aadhaar linked to their bank accounts hassle free. Specific instructions are also mentioned which needs to be followed while looking at a specific bank. It is important that the users follow these steps in an orderly manner to get their work done quickly. Since linking of aadhaar has legal backing, it is advisable to all citizens that they get it done at the earliest to avoid extreme consequences like shutting of bank accounts by the bank. All the major banks have devised various ways to aid the users. It’s time for them to take advantage of the services and get their work done!
Linking Aadhaar With Other Banks
Last Date : New
People also ask
- E-Aadhar Card Download
- Aadhar Card Centers - Find Aadhaar Enrolment Centres Nearby
- Aadhar Card Update/Correction
- Link Aadhaar Card with PAN Card Online
- How to Generate Virtual ID (VID)?
- Aadhar Card for Children - How to Apply or Enrol for Minor?
- Check Aadhaar Card Application Online
- Documents Required To Apply Aadhaar Card
- Aadhar Card Download - & Print e-Aadhaar Card
- How to e verify ITR using Aadhaar OTP?
- Fill Aadhaar Card Enrolment Form
- How to Apply for Aadhaar Card Online?
- Link Aadhaar with Ration Card Online/Offline
- Link Aadhaar Card to Bank Account Online and Offline
- Link Aadhaar with Post Office Schemes: PPF, NSC, KVP
- Link Aadhaar with UAN and PF Online/Offline
- Link Aadhar with Mobile Number Online/OTP
- Link Aadhaar with Driving Licence Online & Offline
- Aadhaar Card for NRI