Tax Troubles? We've Got You Covered!
Tax Advisory Services
Get Expert Consultation Now!
  • 2500 Cr. Saved Already!
  • Trusted by 1 Million+
  • 10+ Yr. of Industry Experience
Tax Advisor

Tax Tips by Experts

Updated on: 09 Aug, 2023 12:19 PM

Tax Saving FDR

Invest Rs.1,50,000 for maximum benefits u/s 80C.

Don’t forget to submit the rent receipts and rent agreement to the employer. However, even if you forgot to submit rent receipts, you can still claim HRA while filing your IT return.

If you are paying rent of more than Rs. 5000 per month in cash, then ensure rent receipts are affixed with revenue stamp.

You can claim both. If you have bought a house with the help of a home loan and live in another house on rent, you can claim tax benefit for both. But if the house you bought and the house you live in are in the same city, you should have a genuine reason for not living in the house that you own.

CA Abhishek Soni
CA Abhishek Soni

Abhishek Soni is a Chartered Accountant by profession & entrepreneur by passion. He is the co-founder & CEO of Tax2win is amongst the top 25 emerging startups of Asia and authorized ERI by the Income Tax Department. In the past, he worked in EY and comes with wide industry experience from telecom, retail to manufacturing to entertainment where he has handled various national and international assignments.