- Last Date to File ITR for FY 2022-23 (AY 2023-24) - Income Tax Return Due Date
- Income Tax Return (ITR) Filing FY 2022-23 (AY 2023-24): How to File ITR Online India
- Documents Required for Income Tax Return (ITR) Filing in India FY 2022-23 (AY 2023-24)
- How to Calculate Income From House Property
- 80G Deduction: Claim Tax Benefits on Donations to Charitable Institutions
Tax Tips by Experts
Tax Saving FDR
Invest Rs.1,50,000 for maximum benefits u/s 80C.
Don’t forget to submit the rent receipts and rent agreement to the employer. However, even if you forgot to submit rent receipts, you can still claim HRA while filing your IT return.
If you are paying rent of more than Rs. 5000 per month in cash, then ensure rent receipts are affixed with revenue stamp.
You can claim both. If you have bought a house with the help of a home loan and live in another house on rent, you can claim tax benefit for both. But if the house you bought and the house you live in are in the same city, you should have a genuine reason for not living in the house that you own.