- Last Date to File ITR for FY 2022-23 (AY 2023-24) - Income Tax Return Due Date
- Income Tax Return (ITR) Filing FY 2022-23 (AY 2023-24): How to File ITR Online India
- Documents Required for Income Tax Return (ITR) Filing in India FY 2022-23 (AY 2023-24)
- How to Calculate Income From House Property
- 80G Deduction: Claim Tax Benefits on Donations to Charitable Institutions
How to e-verify ITR using Digital Signature Certificate (DSC)?
The e-Verify service on the e-filing portal is available to registered and unregistered users. This guide will explain how you can e-verify your tax return using a digital signature certificate or DSC.
DSC consists of following:-
- Name of the owner
- Public key of the owner with the expiration date
- Issuing Certification Authority name
- Serial Number
- Digital Signature of the issuer
Step 1: Log on to the e-filing website
Go to the ‘e-file’ tab on the dashboard >> select ‘Income Tax Returns’ >> then select ‘e-verify return’.
Step 2: Select “I would like to verify using Digital Signature Certificate (DSC)”.
Step 3: The next page will ask you to, verify your identity page by “Click here to download emsigner utility”.
Step 4: Next, click on “I have downloaded and installed emsigner utility.”
Step 5: On the next page, select provider, certificate, and provider password, and finally click on “Sign.”
A successful message will be displayed with the transaction ID. This transaction ID needs to be kept safe with you for future reference. The same will be provided via email too.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q- What is the difference between digital certificate and digital signature?
A digital signature is used to verify that a particular digital document, message or transaction is authentic. Digital certificate contains personal information to help identify and trace the owner.
Q- How many types of digital signature certificates are there?
There are 3 class of digital signature certificate -Class-1, Class-2, Class-3.
Q- How can I create DSC (digital signature certificate) on my own for GST e-filing?
Steps for creating DSC On Own For GST E Filing.
- STEP 1: Access to GST Portal.
- STEP 2: Member Login.
- STEP 3: Select Your Profile.
- STEP 4: Register or Update DSC using your DSC USB Token.
- STEP 5: Select Authorised Signatory to Register.
- STEP 6: Select Certificate and Sign.
- STEP 7: Confirm DSC Registration.
Q- What is the cheapest digital signature certificate issuing authority?
E mudhra is one of cheapest digital signature certificate issuing authority.
Q- What is the process to get a digital signature certificate for individual in india?
STEPS for applying for digital signature certificate -
- STEP 1: Log on and select your type of entity.
- STEP 2: Fill the necessary details.
- STEP 3: Proof of identity and address.
- STEP 4: Payment for DSC.
- STEP 5: Post the documents required.
Q- Where can I purchase a Digital Signature Certificate (DSC)?
Class 2 and Class 3 signing certificate category issued by a licensed Certifying Authority (CA) for filing purposes.
Q- Is encryption certificate is same as digital signature?
NO, these are not the same. The purpose of a digital signature is to prove your identity and the authorization of the document to anyone who may be interested in it. An encryption certificate is a certificate in which the certificate authority uses ID-based cryptography to produce a certificate.