- Last Date to File ITR for FY 2022-23 (AY 2023-24) - Income Tax Return Due Date
- Income Tax Return (ITR) Filing FY 2022-23 (AY 2023-24): How to File ITR Online India
- Documents Required for Income Tax Return (ITR) Filing in India FY 2022-23 (AY 2023-24)
- How to Calculate Income From House Property
- 80G Deduction: Claim Tax Benefits on Donations to Charitable Institutions
Unaccounted deposits to attract 50% tax, 85% if still not disclosed!
The Modi government now proposes to levy 50% as tax, surcharge and penalty on the disclosure of unaccounted deposits. Apart from the 50% tax, the declarer will also have to deposit 25% of the amount disclosed in the Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojana, 2016 for a 4 year locking period and that too without interest.
Also, those who will not disclose their black money should be ready for paying 60% taxes along with surcharge and penalty, totalling it up to 85% taxes, if caught.
Further, the penalty for search and seizure presently is also proposed to be revised to 30% where it is admitted and paid, 60% in all other cases. Although, the penalty u/s 270A for mis-reporting and under-reporting of income stays unchanged.