How to Access TDS Login on TRACES
TRACES stands for the TDS reconciliation Analysis and Enabling Systems, which is a web based application of the Income Tax department used to provide an interface to all the stakeholder that are connected with the TDS. TRACES used to view:
Download Conso File
Form 16/ 16A
Annual Credit statement (Form 26AS
You will also read the Comprehensive Guide about TDS Login on Traces, Learn how to log in your TDS (TRACES) account with the step by step procedure . Frequently asked questions about the on deductor and taxpayer or Pay and Account Office (PAO), forgot password recovery etc.
How can Deductor login on TRACES?
A deductor needs to log in his account on TRACES to perform a number of activities like
- Downloading Form 16 of the taxpayer,
- Generating conso file
- Manage account on TRACES
- View PAN master
- Validate certificates
- Check TDS refund
- Check Challan status
- Online and offline corrections etc
For knowing the seamless step by step login process and queries relating to locked in account, forgetting password and other related issues read our blog
In order to login on the TRACES (TDS) website, you need to follow the following steps:
Step 1: Open the link https://contents.tdscpc.gov.in/. A pop-up window will appear, here you are required to simply select the “Continue” option.
Step 2: Once you reach the home page, click on the Login link at the top of the left navigation bar as shown in the image below.
Step 3: Now you will be taken to a page where you need to fill out the login credentials, which include user ID, Password, TAN for Deductor:
Step 4: Once logged in, the dashboard will appear as shown below.
What are the possible reasons for which a sub-user cannot log in to a TRACES account?
Possible reasons restricting a sub-user to log in his TRACES account can be
- The account has been Disabled or Deleted by TRACES
If you have not logged out your account for two consecutive quarters in a financial year it gets automatically disabled or deleted by TRACES. In this case, you must contact your admin user to recreate your account.
- The account has been locked out
When you make 5 consecutive wrong login attempts within 24 hours, the account is locked for one hour. You can try to login again after waiting for an hour.
What if I enter the wrong login details?
If you enter incorrect login details for 5 consecutive times, your account will be locked for the next one hour.
While making login I am again and again redirected to the main page. Why is it so?
Sometimes while making a login, the deductor is redirected to the home page again and again. To solve the same you should clear cache memory or switch the browser. In case you are using Internet Explorer try using Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox or vice versa.
I have forgotten my TRACES Login Password. What shall I do now?
To reset your password on your TRACES account follow these steps
Step 1: Click on https://contents.tdscpc.gov.in/. Click on continue on the pop-up screen and on the left-hand side panel find the third option under login of “ Forgot password”. Now select Deductor.
Step 2: Fill in the details as shown in the image from step 1 to 4
After entering the details in step 1 and step 2 you can edit the mobile number on which OTP will be sent. Enter the correct OTP to reset the password in Step 4. You will also receive an intimation regarding the changed password on your registered mail ID.
Is it possible to reset your user Id on TRACES?
In case you have forgotten your User Id follow these steps to reset the same.
Step 1: Go to TRACES home page https://contents.tdscpc.gov.in/. Click on continue on the pop-up screen. Now, on the left-hand side panel find the fourth option under login of “ Forgot User ID”. Now select the Deductor.
Step 2: Next, a screen as shown below will open up. Enter the details in step 1 and 2
On the Screen 3, you will see your registered mobile number. Edit the same if required. On proceeding an OTP will be sent on this mobile number.
After entering the OTP validation will be completed. And your existing User id and registered mail id will be displayed on the screen. Edit the details if required or enter the new password to continue.
On successful submission of details, an activation link and codes will be sent to your registered mail id and mobile number.
You can log in to your TRACES account after successful activation.
Is it possible to change my User Id for TRACES?
Yes, you can change your user Id on TRACES by going on the home page and selecting the fourth option of “Forgot User Id” under login on the left-hand side.
Why a Taxpayer or Pay and Account Office (PAO) shall login on TRACES?
A taxpayer i.e. the person whose tax has been deducted or Pay and account (PAO) can log in TRACES for:
- Registering itself
- Downloading Form 16B
- TDS certificate verification
- Downloading or viewing Form 26AS
- Managing user profiles and passwords
- Download aggregated TDS Compliance Report. Etc
How can a Taxpayer login to their TRACES account?
Follow these steps to make a successful login on TRACES.
Click on https://contents.tdscpc.gov.in/en/home.html to open TRACES home page.
Click on Continue to proceed further. Select login on left-hand side screen.
On the next screen choose user as taxpayer / PAO
My PAN details have changed after registration on TRACES. Which details shall I mention to reset the password?
If your PAN details have been updated after registration, mention the old details under the Forgot Password option.
Can I reset my User Id?
For PAN card holder the user id is always PAN. Hence the need for an option to reset user id does not arise in this case.
What is the meaning of “Invalid Details”?
A registered taxpayer at the time of resetting password might find an error in Step 1 as “ Invalid Details”. It may be due incorrect submission of the following details
- User Id
- Date of Birth / Incorporation
- Name as per PAN
To know the process of registration on TRACES website Read our blog.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q- How can I check my TDS status online?
Login to https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/. using Pan Number and password Click on >My Account >E-file >Income tax returns > View form 26AS
- you will be redirected to traces
Select Form 26AS (Tax Credit) > year > PDF format to download Form 26AS.
Open the downloaded file. After opening Form 26 AS you will get information regarding total income on which TDS is deducted and TDS credited to your account.
Q- How can I check Form 26 AS without login?
If you are not registered on the income tax e-filing website, you need to first get registered and then login to the income tax e-filing website in order to check Form 26AS.
Q- How can I register my PAN in TRACES ?
To register your PAN in TRACES website follow these steps
- Go to TRACES site i.e. https://www.tdscpc.gov.in/app/login.xhtml
- Click on register as new user> tax payer.
- Fill in the PAN number, date of birth and surname (as per pan).
- Here are two ways for entering tax deduction details.Either Enter tan of deductor, type of deduction, the amount and month and year of deduction. Or enter challan details of tax deposited by taxpayer, A.Y. of deduction, challan serial number and amount.
- Then you have to enter the captcha.
- Next, you have to enter your communication address, mobile number and email address.
- You have to set the password for your account.
- Next, an activation link will be sent to your email id and mobile number.
- You are required to activate your account within 48 hours. Else your account will be deactivated.
Q- How can I open a TDS account?
To open a TDS account follow these steps:
- Visit www.tdscpc.gov.in and click on Register as Tax Deductor.
- Fill out the requisite details and your Login Credentials and click on Create Account.
- On clicking the Create Account screen will appear requiring rechecking the inputs and if changes are required select edit option.
- After confirmation, an activation link will be sent to email and a code to contact no.
- Income Tax Slab & Tax Rates for FY 2021-22 (AY 2022-23)
- Income Tax Return (ITR) Filing FY 2021-22 (AY 2022-23): How to File ITR Online India
- Form 16: What is Form 16? Form 16 Meaning, Format & How to Upload
- Tax Benefits on Housing Loans for Home Buyers
- Section 234F: Penalty for Late Filing of Income Tax Return