- Last Date to File ITR for FY 2022-23 (AY 2023-24) - Income Tax Return Due Date
- Income Tax Return (ITR) Filing FY 2022-23 (AY 2023-24): How to File ITR Online India
- Documents Required for Income Tax Return (ITR) Filing in India FY 2022-23 (AY 2023-24)
- How to Calculate Income From House Property
- 80G Deduction: Claim Tax Benefits on Donations to Charitable Institutions
CBDT to email 2.59 lakh taxpayers: Resolve Tax Dispute under Dispute Resolution Scheme
As per the scheme, a taxpayer who has an appeal pending before the CIT (appeals) can settle his/her case by paying the disputed tax and interest up to the date of assessment. No penalty in respect of cases with disputed tax up to Rs.10 lakh will be levied. For cases exceeding Rs.10 lakh, 25% of penalty would be levied and any pending appeal against a penalty order can also be settled by paying 25% of the minimum of the imposable penalty.
Thus, 2,59,260 appellants are eligible for the benefit of this scheme.