- Last Date to File ITR for FY 2022-23 (AY 2023-24) - Income Tax Return Due Date
- Income Tax Return (ITR) Filing FY 2022-23 (AY 2023-24): How to File ITR Online India
- Documents Required for Income Tax Return (ITR) Filing in India FY 2022-23 (AY 2023-24)
- How to Calculate Income From House Property
- 80G Deduction: Claim Tax Benefits on Donations to Charitable Institutions
Section 194 I – TDS not to apply on lump sum lease premium!
CBDT via circular dated 13.10.2016 clarified that lump sum lease premium or one time upfront lease charges ,which are not adjustable against periodic rent paid or payable for acquisition of long-term leasehold rights over land or any other property are not payments in the nature of rent within the meaning of Section 194 I of the Act. Therefore, such payments are not liable for TDS under Section 194 I of the Act.