- Last Date to File ITR for FY 2022-23 (AY 2023-24) - Income Tax Return Due Date
- Income Tax Return (ITR) Filing FY 2022-23 (AY 2023-24): How to File ITR Online India
- Documents Required for Income Tax Return (ITR) Filing in India FY 2022-23 (AY 2023-24)
- How to Calculate Income From House Property
- 80G Deduction: Claim Tax Benefits on Donations to Charitable Institutions
The due date of linking PAN and Aadhaar has been extended from . The change has been brought by CBDT vide Notification No. 107/2019 dt 30th of December, 2019.Union Budget 2019 Highlight :-
Now, PAN & Aadhar Number can be used interchangeabl
What will happen when a person :
-Doesn’t have PAN: Aadhar can be used to file ITR & quote at all the places where PAN is Required.
-Have PAN: Aadhar & PAN needs to be linked first and then any of them can be quoted at the time of filing ITR.
A step-by-step guide to link Aadhaar card with a mobile number
You link your aadhaar card to your mobile number under two conditions:
- If you want to re-check your mobile number
- Or you are linking your aadhaar for the first time
Let’s look at each of them separately.
If you are linking Aadhaar with your mobile for the first time
To undertake this process, you need to visit the nearest Aadhaar center in your vicinity as this process is not yet available online.
- Visit the nearest Aadhaar centre and ask for an ‘Aadhaar update form’. You can retrieve the same form online via this link: https://nsdl.co.in/downloadables/pdf/Aadhaar-Data-Update-Form-03.pdf.
- On the form, you will have to explicitly mention that you only need to update your mobile number. Furnish the form with correct information along with the current and active mobile number. A form similar to this should appear on your screen. As you can see, it specifically asks you to select between ‘Demographic update’ and ‘Biometric update’. Since you only have to update your mobile number, select ‘Demographic update’.
- Fill in the rest of the forms and submit it along with a copy of your Aadhaar card and any other proof of identity like Passport/Voter Id/PAN card to the official handling this case.
- Once you have submitted all the necessary documents, you will be called in for registering biometric information. For this, they will take your thumb impression and will be compared to the one recorded while accepting the Aadhaar application.
- Once your biometrics are done, you will be handed an acknowledging slip signifying that the process is complete. Your mobile number will be updated within 5 to 10 days.
If you want to re-check your mobile number linked with AadhaarTo avail this facility, you need to make sure that your Aadhaar is already linked to your mobile number. Most of the mobile networks provide this facility. The mobile number will be verified via OTP sent to your registered mobile number. To begin, follow the steps mentioned below:
- You need to check with your mobile operator if they provide this service online. If yes, go to your operator’s website and put in your 10 digits mobile number.
- Once you have put in your mobile number, you will receive an OTP on the same number. Put that OTP on the website against the designated space.
- You will also be asked to enter your Aadhaar number. Enter your aadhaar number and check the ‘consent box’ appearing after you have put in the aadhaar number.
- Your request will be forwarded to UIDAI by your mobile operator. UIDAI will cross-check your mobile number against its database. If your number is already registered with them, you will receive another OTP but this time from UIDAI..
- Put that OTP against its designated space and again check the ‘consent message’ popping after receiving the OTP.
- Once the verification process is complete, you will receive a confirmation message stating that your mobile number has been re-verified.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q- What was the deadline set by the government to link mobile numbers with Aadhaar?
Ans: The initial deadline set by the government was 6th February 2018 which was later extended to 31st March 2018.
Q- Do I need to change my SIM after linking Aadhaar?
Ans: No, you certainly will not need a new SIM. Your current mobile number will be linked to Aadhaar.
Q- Is there any fee for linking Aadhaar with mobile number?
Ans: No, this process is extended to the citizens free of cost.
Q- What is the use of ‘Aadhaar Self Service Portal’?
Ans: Aadhaar Self Service Portal is used to update the address. This facility is used when you move to a new city or change your residence. By accessing this portal, you can update your residence address in the UIDAI database. You will also have to provide valid proof of address to complete the process.
Q- Do I need to carry my original documents while visiting the enrollment centre?
Ans: Yes, it is necessary that you are carrying your original documents like Aadhaar and other identity proofs. These will be needed for the verification process. At the enrollment centre, your documents will be scanned and will be handed back to you.
Q- If there are multiple address proofs available, which address proof will be acceptable?
Ans: UIDAI gives the choice of selecting the residence to the resident. Taking into account the choice of the resident, UIDAI moves forward in the application with the address chosen by the resident.
Q- What steps you should undertake to make sure that your enrollment application doesn’t get rejected?
Ans: Make sure you are filing correct information in the form. Before submitting, cross-check all the details. While filing in names, it is better if you avoid using titles like Mr, Mrs, Miss, Dr before the name. It is also advisable that you are writing full name instead of initials. Because the same detail will be reflected on your card and might cause problems in the future.
Q- How can I download my Aadhar card without enrollment number and mobile number?
Ans: It is not possible to download Aadhar card without mobile number. There are two ways of downloading Aadhar card; by using Enrollment Number and by using Mobile No. Hence, you need to have either your mobile number or enrollment number to download aadhar card.
Q- How can I update my mobile number in Aadhar card?
Ans: Visit the Aadhaar Enrolment/Update Centre. Fill the Aadhaar Update Form. Enter new mobile number in the form. You need not mention your previous mobile number. No proof is required for updation of mobile number. The executive will register your request. An acknowledgement slip containing the URN will be given and you required to pay INR 25
Q- How can I download my Aadhar card if I lost my mobile number?
Ans: If you have lost your registered mobile number but you have the acknowledgment slip with you. You can easily download the Aadhar card with the EID mentioned in your acknowledgment slip.
Q- Is mobile number printed on Aadhaar card?
Ans: No, mobile number is linked to aadhar card, but it is not printed on aadhar card.
Q- How can I get my Aadhar card if I lost my mobile number?
Ans: Without the registered mobile number, you cannot get your Aadhaar online. You can follow the following steps, Visit the nearest Aadhaar centre with your Aadhaar number, Provide the required biometric details verification like thumb verification, retina scan, etc., Also carry other identity proof like a PAN and identity card, the person concerned at the centre will give a print out of the Aadhaar. A normal paper form will charge Rs 50, while the PVC version will cost Rs 100.
Q- What should I do if I lost my mobile number in Aadhar card?
Ans: Lost sim card can be easily found.. You don't need to update your number in Aadhar. Go to the sim operator and provide aadhar no. and will get sim exactly like the lost one.. But if you choose to update your number in Aadhar then you've to visit your nearest Aadhar enrollment or update centre. And this'll take 5/7 days, sometimes it takes 20+ days.