The due date of linking PAN and Aadhaar number has been extended from 31 March, 2020 to 30th June, 2020.
- The filing of Income Tax return (section 139AA of the Income Tax act 1961) and
- Availing Government subsidies
Also, in the decision so made amendments as to voluntary use of Aadhaar by
- The Banks and
- Telecom Companies
has been accepted.
But, practically one might face a situation where he wants to furnish or attach Aadhaar card’s copy but has not received the Aadhaar by UIDAI till date. Or, has already received but misplaced. Also, there might be a situation that the Aadhaar card at the time of requirement is not available with you. UIDAI has come out to be your savior in all situations like this. The authority gives you an option to download the Aadhaar online in few simple steps.
Before we go ahead with the process to download the Aadhaar card let us understand one more important concept. UIDAI gives you an option to download
- Regular Aadhaar
- Masked Aadhar
Regular Aadhaar is your normal copy of Aadhaar card whereas masked Aadhaar has the digits of your Aadhaar masked (i.e hidden). Only last four digits in masked aadhaar can be viewed. Maksed aadhaar is used in case the person does not want to share the details or keep its aadhaar number secret.
To download your Aadhaar online following process shall be followed
- Login to UIDAI website https://uidai.gov.in/
- On the home page select “My Aadhaar” and click on the third option under Get Aadhaar of “Download Aadhaar”
- A page of e-Aadhaar as shown under will open up
- Here you will find three options to download e-Aadhaar. You can download it by either quoting any of the three details
In case you have your 12 digit Aadhaar number, enter the same to download the electronic copy of UID.Virtual Id (VID)
Virtual Id is generated online. It is a 16 digit number which is presently valid for 24 hrs. You can regenerate the VID online. This Id can also be used to download the online copy of your Aadhaar.Enrolment ID
On the successful submission of Aadhaar form, you get a receipt on which an acknowledgment or enrolment number of 16 digits is mentioned. The same can be used to download the Aadhaar copy online till the time you receive its original hard copy by post. But, here is one important thing to be taken care of. Together with enrollment Id you would also be required to mention the 14 digit time and date details as mentioned on your enrolment slip.
- In addition to mentioning any of the three ID numbers explained above these permanent details would also be required to download your e-Aadhaar
- Full Name
- PIN Code
- OTP or TOTP generated through m-Aadhaar (mobile aadhaar app)
Also, for confirmation of your mobile number after requesting the OTP you will see last four digits of your registered mobile number. The screen on being confirmed generates a valid OTP and your aadhaar is downloaded. Now, the next question coming up to mind would be
What is the password of my downloaded Aadhaar?
You e-Aadhaar PDF is password protected. The password to open the same is a combination of
- 4 starting letters of your name (in capital letters) and
- Year of Birth
For Instance, in the given situations your password would be
1:- Name – Kajal Rao
2:- Name – S.Nisha Rao
3:- Name – Jay
4:- Name – Jay Rao
Facility to downloading your Aadhaar online is a boon. It can help you in completing the task or documentation without physically carrying your original hard copy of Aadhaar along with you every time. Also, the Apex court of the nation has said in its recent ruling that those who do not have hard copies shall download the electronic aadhaar and mandatorily quote the same at the time of filing ITR.
To file your Income Tax Return online in the easiest way. Click here Now!!
Frequently Asked Questions
Q- How can I download my Aadhar card online?
Ans: In order to download the Aadhar card online one needs to visit https://uidai.gov.in/ and then click on “Download Adhaar” option. You need to enter captcha and OTP received on mobile number and complete a survey. Then, click “Verify And Download” to download the eAadhaar card.
Q- How can I open my e Aadhar card PDF?
Ans: You can use a combination of the first four letters of your name written in CAPITALS (Name as mentioned in the Aadhaar card) and your Year of Birth (YYYY) to open the Aadhaar PDF file year of birth is password to open aadhar.
Q- How can I check my Aadhar card details?
Ans: You can check the details of your Aadhaar Card online and print a soft copy as well. You can receive card online after giving necessary information such as enrollment no., date, time , pin code and resident name.
Q- How can I update my mobile no in Aadhar card?
Ans: A person can update/change his mobile number in Aadhaar by following these steps. Visit the Aadhaar Enrolment/Update Centre. Fill the Aadhaar Update Form.Fill only your new mobile number . You need not mention your previous mobile number. You do not have to provide any proof for updating your mobile number.The executive will register your request.You will be handed over the acknowledgement slip containing the URN. INR 25/- is charged for updation .
Last Date : New
People also ask
- E-Aadhar Card Download
- Aadhar Card Centers - Find Aadhaar Enrolment Centres Nearby
- Aadhar Card Update/Correction
- Link Aadhaar Card with PAN Card Online
- How to Generate Virtual ID (VID)?
- Aadhar Card for Children - How to Apply or Enrol for Minor?
- Check Aadhaar Card Application Online
- Documents Required To Apply Aadhaar Card
- Aadhar Card Download - & Print e-Aadhaar Card
- How to e verify ITR using Aadhaar OTP?
- Fill Aadhaar Card Enrolment Form
- How to Apply for Aadhaar Card Online?
- Link Aadhaar with Ration Card Online/Offline
- Link Aadhaar Card to Bank Account Online and Offline
- Link Aadhaar with Post Office Schemes: PPF, NSC, KVP
- Link Aadhaar with UAN and PF Online/Offline
- Link Aadhar with Mobile Number Online/OTP
- Link Aadhaar with Driving Licence Online & Offline
- Aadhaar Card for NRI