- Income Tax Slab & Tax Rates for FY 2022-23 (AY 2023-24)
- Income Tax Return (ITR) Filing FY 2022-23 (AY 2023-24): How to File ITR Online India
- Form 16: What is Form 16? Form 16 Meaning, Format & How to Upload
- Tax Benefits on Housing Loans for Home Buyers
- Section 234F: Penalty for Late Filing of Income Tax Return
Steps to Retrieve UID & EID Number of Lost AadhaarCard
Aadhaar card is a crucial document issued by the Government of India by the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI). It acts as valid proof of the identity of individuals. You can also hold it in electronic form by downloading it from the official website of UIDAI.
Aadhaar card is a document that must be linked with the cardholder's mobile number. It remains valid for a lifetime.
People often misplace their Aadhaar card or forget their Aadhaar number, also known as Unique Identification Number (UID) or Enrolment Identification Number. As a solution to this UIDAI provides a service to retrieve lost or forgotten UID/EID.Individuals can visit the nearest Permanent Enrolment Center or Aadhaar Seva Kendra. Lost UID/EID can be retrieved online by simply using the m-Aadhaar app to minimize this risk. Let us know more about this.
What are Aadhaar UID and EID numbers?
In your Aadhaar card, there are two numbers. They are called UID numbers and EID numbers.
- UID number: Unique Identification Number, which is a 28-digit number. It offers you a unique identity and is mainly utilized for verification purposes.
- EID number: It is the number you get while enrolling for Aadhaar. Its complete form is the Enrolment Identification number. It is also a 28 digit number printed on the enrolment form and is used to apply for an Aadhaar card. Before A UID number is assigned, an EID number is used to keep track of your Aadhaar application status and download your Aadhaar card in an electronic form.
How to Retrieve Lost Aadhaar UID and EID Number via UIDAI website?
Follow the steps given below to recover your UID and EID number using the UIDAI website:
- First, visit www.uidai.gov.in, the official website of UIDAI.
- On the homepage, select the option "My Aadhaar", and then the " Retrieve Lost or forgot UID/EID" option.
- Then a new tab will open where you have to select whether you want to recover the UID number or EID number.
- Provide details like full name, mobile number, and email ID that is registered in your Aadhaar database, along with the captcha code.
- Then you will have to generate OTP.
- OTP is sent to your registered mobile number.
- Post verification, the Aadhaar number or Enrollment ID will be sent to your registered email ID or mobile number.
If you haven't registered your mobile number with the Aadhaar Card, you will have to visit the nearest Permanent Enrollment center for retrieval of EID or UID number.
How to retrieve your lost UID/EID number through the mAadhaar application?
UIDAI has launched a mobile application that assists you in accessing all Aadhaar related services on your smartphone. If you have an Android phone, you can easily download it from google play and then register yourself.
If you have an iPhone, then you can visit the Apple store to download the application. When the application is installed and registration is done, you can quickly recover your UID and EID number using this application.
Follow the steps given below to recover your lost UID or EID number in the mAadhaar application:
- Login to the mAadhaar App. On the homepage of the application, select "Retrieve EID/UID".
- Here you will be given two options – Aadhaar number (UID) or enrolment number (EID).
If you want to retrieve the UID number, then click on "Aadhaar number". A new page will open. Then you have to enter a 28-digit EID number which is mentioned on the enrolment form, along with the date of birth and the time of enrolment. The date should be entered in DD/MM/YYYY format, and the time is entered in HH.MM .SS format. You will also have to enter the security code and a request for OTP. Next, the OTP is sent to your registered mobile number. Once you enter the OTP number, the UID number is shown.
If you want to recover your lost EID number, then select "Enrolment ID". Here, a new page opens asking your full name, email ID, and registered mobile number. Then enter the security code i.e. Captcha and request for generating OTP.
OTP is sent to your mobile number registered with an Aadhaar card. Enter the OTP in the given space, and your EID number is recovered.
Once you have recovered your lost UID and EID number online, you can easily download your lost Aadhaar card online. Using it, you can also reprint lost Aadhaar cards online for obtaining duplicate Aadhaar cards.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q- What is a UID/EID number?
UID (Unique Identification Number) and EID (Enrollment Identification Number) are two important numbers associated with the Aadhaar card. The UID is a 28 digit unique identification number that is assigned to every individual who has enrolled for Aadhaar. The EID is a 28-digit temporary identification number that is generated at the time of Aadhaar enrollment.
Q- What documents are required to retrieve my UID/EID number?
You do not need any documents to retrieve your UID/EID number. However, you will need to provide your personal details, such as your name, mobile number or email address, and other information as requested. You may also need to provide additional details, such as your date of birth, to verify your identity.