- Income Tax Slab & Tax Rates for FY 2022-23 (AY 2023-24)
- Income Tax Return (ITR) Filing FY 2022-23 (AY 2023-24): How to File ITR Online India
- Form 16: What is Form 16? Form 16 Meaning, Format & How to Upload
- Tax Benefits on Housing Loans for Home Buyers
- Section 234F: Penalty for Late Filing of Income Tax Return
How to Download & Print E-Aadhaar Card From UIDAI?
A situation might arise when you have already applied or enrolled for Aadhaar card but have yet to receive any. Or, you are required to attach an Aadhaar card for some purpose but do not have it at that time. What would you do? Call someone at home or drive back again?? Wait!!
We have a better and easy solution for you. e-Aadhaar cards can be downloaded online from UIDAI’s official website if the status shows that your Aadhaar card has been generated. e-Aadhaar card is equally valid as a physical copy of your Aadhaar card. Read this blog to know the process and learn more about e-Aadhaar cards.
What is e-Aadhaar?
e-Aadhaar is a digital version of the Aadhaar card issued by the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI). It is a secure electronic document that contains the Aadhaar holder's demographic and biometric information, such as name, date of birth, address, photograph, and fingerprints. As per the guidelines of UIDAI, the e-Aadhaar card is equivalent to a physical Aadhaar card. e-Aadhaar is available in PDF format, and it can be downloaded from the UIDAI website by providing the Aadhaar number, Enrolment ID (EID), or Virtual ID (VID). The downloaded e-Aadhaar can be printed and used as valid proof of identity for various purposes, such as opening a bank account, applying for a loan, and availing of government services.
e-Aadhaar is the legally valid proof of identity per section 4(3) of the Aadhaar Act, 2016.
How to download e-Aadhaar card online?
e-Aadhaar card download is an easy and quick process. You can download e-Aadhaar cards from the UIDAI website. It can be useful in many situations, like when you have yet to receive your Aadhaar card. The great thing about e-Aadhaar card is that it is the same as your physical Aadhaar card and acceptable at all places. The three modes through which you can download e-Aadhaar card online are.
- Through Aadhar number
- Enrollment Number
For e-Aadhaar card online download, follow the steps mentioned below
- Visit the UIDAI Aadhaar website.
- Go to Download Aadhaar under My Services on the home page
- An image as shown under it will appear
- Choose any of the three modes to download your e aadhaar card. Either Aadhaar number, VID, or enrolment number as applicable.
- Then make a selection whether you want to download the regular aadhaar card or a masked aadhaar card (m aadhaar card)
- Further choose to generate OTP on a registered mobile number or generate TOTP(Time-based one-time password ) on the mobile app.
- As soon as OTP or TOTP is authenticated or e-aadhaar card is downloaded.
- After the successful download, enter the password to open the file.
What is the password for e-aadhaar card?
The password to open the e-aadhaar is a combination of 8 alphanumeric characters. The First four letters shall be first of your name (as per aadhaar or as mentioned in the enrollment form) and the last four be the year of your Date of Birth.
Name: RAHUL Kumar
DOB : 24.10.1994
Then, the Password for e-aadhaar card download will be RAHU1994.
What do you mean by UIDAIs Secure QR?
E-aadhaar letter of UIDAI contains a QR code. The existing QR code on e-aadhaar has been replaced with the resident’s demographic details with a more secure QR code, that includes demographic details along with the photograph. There are two QR codes- A small one on the front side with demographic data only and a large one on the top of the front side and the rear side of the cutaway portion with demographic details and photographs.
What information is contained by the new secure QR code in e-aadhaar?
Both QR codes in e-aadhaar contain demographic information such as Name, DOB, Address, Gender, and Masked Aadhaar Number. If we talk about a larger QR code, it also contains your photograph.
How do you read the new secure QR codes available on e-aadhaar?
You can read the new digitally signed QR codes available on e-aadhaar only using UIDAI’s window-based application and validate it against UIDAI digital signatures. You can download the application from the uidai.gov.in website. At present, models which are commercially available in the market to read UIDAI QR code are as follows-
- Zebra (DS-2200)
- TVS BS-1201N barcode scanner
- Syga Barcode Scanner (S005), and
- Honeywell (Xenon-1900)
Who are eligible to use a secure QR code of e-Aadhaar card?
In simple words, we can say that this facility can be used for offline verification of the data in e-Aadhaar cards by anyone, whether an Aadhaar card holder or user/service agency, i.e., AUA, Banks, KUA’s, etc.
A new QR code was implemented on 20th February 2018 on e-Aadhaar card, and the QR code reader client is available from 27th March 2018 on uidai.gov.in
Frequently Asked Questions
Q- How can I download an e-Aadhaar?
The following procedure is followed to download your aadhaar card online:-
- Visit the UIDAI website uidai.gov.in
- Click the download Aadhaar option.
- Select the Aadhaar option under the “I Have” section.
- Enter your 12 digit aadhaar number.
- Enter the captcha verification code and click on the “Send OTP option” to get the one-time password on your mobile number.
- Enter the OTP received.
- Now click verify and download the e-aadhaar card.
Q- Can I download an Aadhar card online without a mobile number?
You can download the Aadhaar card online if you have your enrolment id.
Q- How can I register my mobile number in Aadhaar card online?
The following steps must be considered:-
- Visit the Aadhaar enrolment center.
- Fill out the Aadhaar correction form.
- Mention the correct mobile number that has to be updated on Aadhaar card.
- Submit the form and provide the biometric for verification.
- Take your acknowledgment slip and retain it for future reference.
Q- What is the information available on e-Aadhaar card?
E-Aadhaar has all the information originally available on your Aadhaar cards like
- Aadhaar Number
- Your Name
- Date of birth
- Father's Name
Q- What is the difference between Aadhaar card and e-Aadhaar?
An Aadhar card is the physical hard copy received after making a successful application for allotment of an Aadhaar. Whereas e-Aadhaar can be downloaded online, and its digital copy can be used.
The issue of Aadhaar card can take up to 3 months, whereas the e-Aadhaar can be downloaded anytime at your convenience.
Aadhaar card is difficult to carry everywhere, and it's also prone to be misplaced or theft. However, these threats are not associated with e-Aadhaar cards.