The due date of linking PAN and Aadhaar number has been extended from 31 March, 2020 to 30th June, 2020.Union Budget 2019 Highlight :-
Now, PAN & Aadhar Number can be used interchangeabl
What will happen when a person :
-Doesn’t have PAN: Aadhar can be used to file ITR & quote at all the places where PAN is Required.
-Have PAN: Aadhar & PAN needs to be linked first and then any of them can be quoted at the time of filing ITR.
What is e-aadhar card status?
E-aadhar card is valid. As per the guidelines of UIDAI, E-aadhaar card is equivalent to physical aadhaar card. As various authorities are not clear in this fact but as per UIDAI there is no difference between e-aadhaar and physical aadhaar. Both are serving the same purpose. E-aadhaar considered as the legal valid proof of identity as per section 4(3) of the Aadhaar Act, 2016.
How to download e-aadhar cards online?
E-aadhar card download is an easy and quick process. You can download e-aadhaar cards from the UIDAI website. It can be useful in many situations like when you have not received your aadhaar card yet. The great thing about e aadhar card is that it is the same as your physical aadhaar card and acceptable at all places. The three modes through which you can download e aadhar card online are.
- Through aadhar number
- Enrollment Number
For e aadhar card online download follow the steps mentioned below
- Visit the UIDAI aadhar website.
- Go to Download aadhaar under My Services on home page
- An image as shown under will appear
- Choose any of the three modes to download your e aadhar card. Either, aadhar number, VID or enrolment number.
- Then make a selection whether you want to download the regular aadhar card or masked aadhar card (m aadhar card)
- Further choose to generate OTP on registered mobile number or alternatively generate TOTP( Time based one-time password ) on mobile app.
- As soon as OTP or TOTP is authenticated or e aadhar card is downloaded.
- After the successful download enter the password to open the file.
What is the password for e-aadhar card?
Password to open the e-aadhaar is the combination of 8 alphanumeric characters. The First four letters shall be of your name (as per aadhar or as mentioned in enrollment form) and last four being the year of your Date of Birth.For example-
|Name : RAHUL Kumar
DOB : 24.10.1994
Then, Password for e aadhar card download will be RAHU1994.
Some other examples of passwords are
|Name : RIA Sharma
DOB : 24.10.1994
Then, Password for e aadhar card download will be RIAS1994.
|Name : R.Kumar
DOB : 24.10.1994
Then, Password for e aadhar card download will be R.KU1994.
|Name : RIA
DOB : 24.10.1994
Then, Password for e aadhar card download will be RIA1994.
How to open an e-Aadhar card?
After the aadhar card is successfully downloaded to open the same you would require a software. The software required to open an e-aadhar card is ‘Adobe Reader’. If you have not installed Adobe reader in your system then you can install it from here
What do you mean by UIDAIs Secure QR
E-aadhaar letter of UIDAI contains a QR code. The existing QR code on e-aadhaar has been replaced with resident’s demographic details with a more secure QR code, that includes demographic details along with the photograph. There are two QR codes- A small one on the front side with demographic data only and a large one on the top of the front side and rear side of the cutaway portion with demographic details and photograph.
What information is contained by the new secure QR code in e-aadhaar?
Both QR codes in e-aadhaar contain demographic information such as Name, DOB, Address, Gender, and your Masked Aadhaar Number.If we talk about larger QR code, it also contains your photograph.
How do you read new secure QR code available on e-aadhaar?
You can read new digitally signed QR code available on e-aadhaar only using UIDAI’s window based application and can validate it against UIDAI digital signatures. You can download the application from uidai.gov.in website. At present, models which are commercially available in the market to read UIDAI QR code are as follows-
- Zebra (DS-2200)
- TVS BS-1201N barcode scanner
- Syga Barcode Scanner (S005) and
- Honeywell (Xenon-1900)
Who all are eligible to use a secure QR code of e-aadhar card?
In simple words, we can say that this facility can be used for offline verification of the data in e-aadhaar card by anyone whether an aadhaar card holder or user/service agencies i.e. AUA’s, Banks, KUA’s etc
A new QR code was implemented on 20th February 2018 on e-aadhaar card and the QR code reader client is available from 27th March 2018 on uidai.gov.in.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q - How can I download e Aadhaar?
The following procedure is followed to download your aadhar card online:-
- 1. Visit the UIDAI website uidai.gov.in
- 2. Click the download aadhar option.
- 3. Select the aadhar option under the “I Have” section.
- 4. Enter your 12 digit aadhaar number.
- 5. Enter captcha verification code and click on the “Send OTP option” to get the one time password on your mobile number.
- 6. Enter the OTP received.
- 7. Now click verify and download the e aadhar card.
Q - What is my Aadhar number?
Please check your aadhar card, your aadhar number is written on the same.
Q Can I download an Aadhar card online without a mobile number?
You can download the aadhar card online if you have your enrolment id.
Q - How can I register my mobile number in Aadhar card online?
These following steps must be considered:-
- 1. Visit the aadhar enrolment centre.
- 2. Fill the aadhar correction form.
- 3. Mention the correct mobile number that has to be updated in aadhar card.
- 4. Submit the form and provide the biometric for verification.
- 5. Take your acknowledgement slip and retain it for future reference.
Q - What is the information available on e-aadhar card?
E aadhar has all the information originally available on your aadhar card like
- Aadhar Number
- Your Name
- Date of birth
- Father's Name
Q - What is the difference between aadhar card and e-aadhar?
An Aadhar card is the physical hard copy received after making a successful application for allotment of aadhar. Whereas e-aadhar can be downloaded online and its digital copy can be used.
The issue of aadhar card can take upto 3 months whereas the e-aadhar can be downloaded anytime at your convenience.
Aadhaar card is difficult to carry everywhere and it's also prone to loss or theft. However, these treats are not associated with e-aadhar cards .
People also ask
- E-Aadhar Card Download
- Aadhar Card Centers - Find Aadhaar Enrolment Centres Nearby
- Aadhar Card Update/Correction
- Link Aadhaar Card with PAN Card Online
- How to Generate Virtual ID (VID)?
- Aadhar Card for Children - How to Apply or Enrol for Minor?
- Check Aadhaar Card Application Online
- Documents Required To Apply Aadhaar Card
- Aadhar Card Download - & Print e-Aadhaar Card
- How to e verify ITR using Aadhaar OTP?
- Fill Aadhaar Card Enrolment Form
- How to Apply for Aadhaar Card Online?
- Link Aadhaar with Ration Card Online/Offline
- Link Aadhaar Card to Bank Account Online and Offline
- Link Aadhaar with Post Office Schemes: PPF, NSC, KVP
- Link Aadhaar with UAN and PF Online/Offline
- Link Aadhar with Mobile Number Online/OTP
- Link Aadhaar with Driving Licence Online & Offline
- Aadhaar Card for NRI