- The due date of linking PAN and Aadhaar has been extended from . The change has been brought by CBDT vide Notification No. 107/2019 dt 30th of December, 2019.Union Budget 2019 Highlight :-
- Now, PAN & Aadhar Number can be used interchangeabl
- What will happen when a person :
- Doesn’t have PAN: Aadhar can be used to file ITR & quote at all the places where PAN is Required.
- Have PAN: Aadhar & PAN needs to be linked first and then any of them can be quoted at the time of filing ITR.
Step 1: Visit incometaxefiling website & log-in to your account [by entering your User ID (which is PAN) and Password]. After that, click on tab “My Account” & from the drop down menu, select option “e-Verify Return”.
Step 2: Now you’ll be able to see the list of ITR(s) filed as shown in the screen below. Here click on “e-Verify” button.
Step 3: Here, from the options, select Option 3 to e-verify ITR using Aadhaar OTP. After this, click on option to “generate Aadhaar OTP” & if you already have received one then select “I already have Aadhaar OTP”.
Step 4: An OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number( with Aadhar) like the screenshot shown below. This password is valid for 10 minutes only & after this you need to generate new OTP if ITR isn’t e-verified.
Insert this OTP & click on “Submit” button.
Step 5: After you click on “Submit” button, ITR will be e verified & following notification will appear.
You can also check the status of return by going to Dashboard>View Returns/Forms>Income Tax Return. Here the status of ITR will be shown as “Successfully e-Verified”.
Step 6: In the above screenshot, on clicking the acknowledgement number, your ITR-V will start to download.
This is a ITR-V acknowledgement form & it is different from the pre e verification ITR-V Form. Here at the bottom a line is given as, “Do Not Send This Acknowledgement To CPC, Bengaluru”. This line represents that your ITR has been e-verified.