- Last Date to File ITR for FY 2022-23 (AY 2023-24) - Income Tax Return Due Date
- Income Tax Return (ITR) Filing FY 2022-23 (AY 2023-24): How to File ITR Online India
- Documents Required for Income Tax Return (ITR) Filing in India FY 2022-23 (AY 2023-24)
- How to Calculate Income From House Property
- 80G Deduction: Claim Tax Benefits on Donations to Charitable Institutions
RBI imposes withdrawal limits on Jan Dhan Accounts
Looking at the tremendous amount of deposits in Jan Dhan accounts, RBI has now imposed a withdrawal limit of Rs. 10,000 per month. This limit is only allowed for the KYC compliant account holders. Although, the branch managers may allow you to withdraw a sum exceeding Rs. 10,000 after ascertaining the genuineness of such withdrawals and properly documenting the transaction.
It is evident that such a step has been taken to protect the rural people from money laundering and black money activities going in the market.
Further, Non KYC compliant or limited account holders can withdraw a sum of Rs. 5,000 per month only. Also, the total ceiling limit for such bank account holders stays at Rs. 10,000.