ICICI bank offers multiple ways to customers who want to link their aadhaar to their bank account. Different methods are:
Linking via ATM
By providing this facility, ICICI bank has made the linking process easy and accessible. Applicants can execute the linking process by visiting the nearest ICICI ATM and following the steps mentioned below:
- Visit the nearest ICICI ATM and swipe your debit card
- Enter your security PIN and proceed to ‘more’ option
- Under the ‘more’ option, choose any option which talks about updating aadhaar or linking it
- Choose the suitable option, put in your aadhaar number twice and then press ‘submit’
Through the iMobile App
ICICI bank account holders have the privilege to link their aadhaar to their desired bank accounts using the iMobile app. Applicant just needs to follow the steps mentioned below to undertake the process via iMobile app.
- Download the app (if you don’t have it already) and login to the ICICI mobile app
- Post-logging in, follow steps in this order: services >> instant banking services >> update aadhaar
- Fill in your aadhaar number and click on ‘submit’
Linking Via Internet Banking
This method is for only those customers who use internet banking account actively and have the net banking credentials prior to using this facility. The steps mentioned below are to be followed in order to successfully link your aadhaar to the bank account.
Go to ICICI bank internet banking portal and log in with your username and password
- Select ‘aadhaar’ option from the screen and put in your aadhaar number
- Re-enter the number and submit the information
By Phone Banking
By far, this is the most cost-effective method that ICICI bank has come up with. No processing fee is charged if applicants are using this method and within seconds, users get the linking confirmation.
- Put in the CIF (customer care number) and go to the menu option
- Press number ‘1’ key and enter your aadhaar details which includes your aadhaar number and security pin
- Press number ‘1’ key again to update the details
- Re-enter the aadhaar number and complete the linking
Through branch walk-in
It is known as offline mode through which you can get your aadhaar card linked with bank account.
This method is mostly used by people who either don’t have access to technology or are unable to make use of it. Keeping in mind such special cases, the bank also offers the facility of branch walk-in linking so that no citizen is deprived of its benefits.
- Visit your nearest ICICI bank branch
- Request for a ‘stay connected’ form and fill in all the necessary information
- Submit the form along with the self-attested copy of aadhaar card
It is advisable to carry your original aadhaar card for verification by the bank officials.
- Type an SMS in the format mentioned below and send it to ‘9215676766’
- The format is type: ‘Aadhaar’ <space> your 12 digit aadhaar number along with the last six digits of your ICICI bank savings account number
The only prerequisite for this mode is that your account number should already be registered with the ICICI bank. After the bank has received the request, it will initiate the process and once the linking is complete, the applicant will be informed via a reliable communication source.