What is ITR XML file?
Basically, ITR XML is a specific file format which is generated after filling the required data of your Income Tax Return in an offline utility. Now you have an idea as to what ITR XML file is, so let us get onto the next part.
What are the various methods of filing ITR online ?
When you are filing ITR online, you can do it by three ways. First, by filling the required information directly in an online form & submitting it. Another by downloading the form, filling the required info, generating XML file and uploading it online. You can also use Tax2Win’s self filing portal for free.
How can you Generate ITR XML file for Free ?
Generating ITR XML file is very easy. The only prerequisite is that you need to have all the information regarding your various sources of income. Follow the steps given below and you’ll generate your XML file in no time.
Step 1: Go to https://www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/home and on bottom-right you’ll find the option to Download Offline Utilities. Click on it.
Step 2: You’ll be redirected to a page where you can find various offline ITR forms that can be downloaded. Select the Assessment Year for which you want to file ITR. You can either use Excel Utility or Java Utility, but the most preferred way to generate XML file is through Excel Utility. Download the ITR form you need to file.
Step 3: Open the form and fill the required data. Do note that, all the red text cells are required to be filled compulsorily. But now are you feeling like, “can’t someone do it for me ?”. We are here! Visit Tax2Win and get in touch with our eCAs for simple, economical and hassle free return filing.
Step 4: When you have filled all the required information in different worksheets of excel file, simply validate the each excel file. Resolve the error if any occurred. After that click on “Generate XML” option to generate your ITR XML file. It would be saved at the same place where you have saved the offline utility. We strongly recommend you to open your generated XML file. The reason is to check that the data displayed is correct or not because our Income Tax babu do not like mistakes.
Step 5: Now simply visit the e filing website, login to your account and upload your generated XML file. Voila! You are all done! Do note that after filing the income tax return, don’t forget to e-verify your return within 120 days of filing it to complete the process of return filing. Otherwise, it won’t treated as filed !!
Although a little bit procedural and complicated, generating XML file is pretty easy given you follow the steps correctly. We at Tax2Win constantly aim to simplify the procedures related to ITR filing. If you are looking for spot-on tax management and return filing services, Get in touch with our eCAs at Tax2Win today!
Applicability of ITR Form
- ITR -1 :
- Resident Individuals having total income upto Rs. 50 lakh. (Non- Residents are not eligible to fill ITR-1)
- Individual having following source of income :
- Salary Income
- One House Property
- Other source Income
- Agriculture Income upto Rs. 5,000/-
- ITR -2 :
- Any individual or HUF who is a director in a company.
- Any individual or HUF who holds shares of unlisted company.
- Any individual or HUF not having income from business and profession.
- Any individual or HUF whose Agriculture income exceeds Rs. 5,000/-
- Any individual or HUF who is having more than one house proper.
- Any individual or HUF who is a non-resident.
- Any individual or HUF whose total income exceeds Rs. 50 lakh.
- ITR-3 : Individual or HUFs who is having income from profit or gain from business.profession.
- ITR-4 Individual who is falling under presumptive schemes under section 44AD, 44ADA or 44AE and having total income upto Rs. 50 lakh.
- ITR-5 For Firm, AOP,BOI and LLP
- ITR-6 For companies other than companies claiming exemption u/s 11
- ITR-7 For persons including companies required to furnish return under sections 139(4A) or 139(4B) or 139(4C) or 139(4D)
Some important points to remember
Some prerequisites to be taken care of while generating xml are:
- Keep all the details ready before you begin to fill the xml file
- Make sure you know all the incomes and deductions to be reported
- Have complete details of the taxes paid
- Reconcile your other incomes and TDS deducted
- After successful generation upload and submit the xml
- Upon successful submission, don't forget to verify your ITR.
People also ask
- Section 234A - Interest Penalty on Delayed ITR Filing
- Section 234B - Interest on Delayed Payment of Advance Tax
- Section 234C - Interest on Deferred Payment of Advance Tax
- Section 234F - Penalty for Late Filing of Income Tax Return
- Form 26AS - View & Download Form 26AS Through TRACES
- Mandatory Return Policies While Filing ITR
- Section 139(5) - How to File Revised Income Tax Return
- What to do if your ITR-V is Rejected?
- Assessment or Reassessment Notice U/s 148
- How To e-File ITR With Multiple Form 16s?
- How To Reset Income Tax efiling Password?
- How To Generate your Income Tax Return XML file for free?
- How To Fill Income from Other Sources detail in ITR 1?
- Income Tax e-Proceedings
- Income Tax Filing for Foreign Nationals/Citizens
- Income Tax for NRIs - Taxable Income & Deductions
- Income Tax for Pensioners - TDS On Pension
- Income Tax for Self Employed
- Income Tax for Senior Citizens
- Income Tax on Fixed Deposit Interest Income
- Income Tax on Saving Bank Interest
- ITR Forms
- ITR 1 Form - How to file ITR-1 Form Online?
- Sugam ITR-4S Form: Presumptive Business Income Tax Return
- ITR 5 Form - How to File ITR-5 Form Online?
- ITR 6 Form - How to File ITR-6 Form Online?
- ITR 7 Form - How to File ITR-7 Form Online?
- ITR Form V - Acknowledgement & Submission To CPC
- Rectify Income Tax Return U/S 154