- Last Date to File ITR for FY 2022-23 (AY 2023-24) - Income Tax Return Due Date
- Income Tax Return (ITR) Filing FY 2022-23 (AY 2023-24): How to File ITR Online India
- Documents Required for Income Tax Return (ITR) Filing in India FY 2022-23 (AY 2023-24)
- How to Calculate Income From House Property
- 80G Deduction: Claim Tax Benefits on Donations to Charitable Institutions
Budget updates 2022- Direct Tax
As the finance minister presented the budget 2022, here are the updates related to direct taxation:
- Provision for filing ?Updated Income Tax returns? within 2 years from the end of relevant Assessment Year. With this, if any taxpayer forgets to disclose the income in the ITR, he can disclose the income and pay the tax.?
- Reduced AMT rates for Co-operatives from 18.5% to 15%
- Reduced surcharge for Co-operatives with a total income of 1Cr to 10 Cr
- Deduction for investment in National Pension Scheme for State Government employees made at par with the Central Govt employees. The deduction will be available up to 14% of Salary ( Basic Salary + DA)
- Virtual digital assets (Cryptocurrency):?
Income from transfer of virtual digital assets to be taxed at 30%. No deduction for expenses other than the cost of acquisition. No set-off of losses from any other income.
- Surcharge on Long Term Capital Gains on any assets to be capped at 15%.?
- Health and education cess not allowable as business expenditure u/s 37.
- No set-off of losses against undisclosed income detected during the search.