- Last Date to File ITR for FY 2022-23 (AY 2023-24) - Income Tax Return Due Date
- Income Tax Return (ITR) Filing FY 2022-23 (AY 2023-24): How to File ITR Online India
- Documents Required for Income Tax Return (ITR) Filing in India FY 2022-23 (AY 2023-24)
- How to Calculate Income From House Property
- 80G Deduction: Claim Tax Benefits on Donations to Charitable Institutions
For establishing unique identification of every single person, UIDAI (Unique Identification authority of India) on behalf of government of India created a centralised database for collecting the biometric and demographic data of residents, and issued a unique 12- digit number known as AADHAR Number. Aadhar is a proof of identity and address, valid for lifetime. It is issued in the form of a letter which is delivered via post to the address mentioned in the application.
Key features of AADHAR-
- Any individual, irrespective of age and gender who is resident in India can enroll for Aadhar.
- It is a unique 12-digit identification number.
- It enables identification of every resident Indian.
- UIDAI enables universal identity infrastructure that can be used by any ID based application like passport, ration card.
- Enrollment is free of cost
Benefits of Aadhar card
Following are the most important benefits you would wish to avail, so do have a aadhar card.
- No more sending of the physical ITR to CPC, Bangalore.
- The only document that is sufficient to open a bank account in Jan Dhan Yojana
- LPG subsidy
- Storing all the documents on governments server under Digi locker system
- Opening a new bank account
- Easy and speedy process for getting your DSC ready.
- Valid proof of address accepted by SEBI for investing in stock market
- If you have aadhar, get your passport in just 10 days.
- Valid proof of identity during booking tickets.
How to enroll for Aadhar?
Go to any of the authorised Aadhar enrollment center anywhere in India. At the center fill in your personal details in the form. Your personal details also include your photograph, finger-prints and iris scan. The enrollment application requires proof of identity, proof of address , proof of D.O.B and proof of relationship documents relating to family. Even if a member of family does not have individual documents, still he can enroll on basisi of his family entitlement documents. Once enrolled, a temporary acknowledgment is created and based on that Aadhar number is generated and mailed. The waiting time of aadhar varies from 60-90 days.
PASSWORD TO OPEN YOUR e- AADHAR CARD IS POSTAL CODE OF THE ADDRESS MENTIONED IN APPLICATION.