Advantages of grievance redressal portal
GST grievance redressal portal has manifold advantages. Let us take an understanding on such benefits to various stakeholders
- Instead of sending e mail to helpdesk, user can lodge his complaint on the portal.
- Redressal of grievance is much faster than the earlier system or email or helpdesk.
- User can select the category and sub-category of the problems in ready drop down list.
- User can raise tickets himself to lodge complaints.
- The portal has a ready list of FAQs, bifurcated into main and sub categories which also prove to be a helping hand for the stakeholders.
- User can check the resolution in comments.Instead of close the complaint ticket.
- Complainants have been benefited by the new and time saving process.
How can a user report his query on GST Grievance Redressal Portal?
Let us understand the step by step process for lodging the ticket (complaint) on this portal.
For this we will first understand the various Services provided by the portal. The GST Grievance Redressal Portal gives these two services namely:
- Report Issue/Complaint
- Check ticket/ Issue status
Report issue/ complaint
First we will understand that how can we report an issue or complaints on the portal :-
So we can say that complaints can be lodged by
- Registered taxpayer
- Unregistered person
How can a Registered Taxpayer lodge his complaint?
- In case a Registered Taxpayer wants to lodge his complaint, all steps as explained above are required to be carried out. In the last step Registered taxpayer needs to choose “Yes” as given in the image below. This will help in placing your complaint request as a registered taxpayer
- After that taxpayers need to fill in all the steps as shown in the image below, explained step by step:
- First the user needs to choose any one of them
GSTIN:- GST number of registered person
ARN :- Applicant Reference Number
ARN :- Applicant Reference Number
- After that type the First and Last name of user
- Then Mobile number and email address needs to be entered
- Then complainant needs to describe the issue in 500 words
- Now there is an option ‘ Attachments’ in which you can attach the screenshot(s) of error which you faced while using the GST portal.
- After this mention the correct captcha code given in image.
- Cross check all the details you have mentioned and finally click on the ‘ Submit ‘
Your complaint is now submitted and on successful submission the system will generate 15 digit reference number. You can also save or print the acknowledgment for future reference or communication.
How can an Unregistered Person lodge his complaint?
We have already understood the process of filing a complaint by the registered taxpayer. Let us now take a complete walkthrough of the process to be followed by the unregistered person / taxpayer for registering a complaint on GST Grievance Redressal Portal.
For this, follow the common process of lodging complaint as explained above. Additionally, unregistered person needs to choose “No” as given in the image below. This will enable the user to file complaint as an unregistered users
Let us understand the process in case of complaints made by Unregistered person
- In this case unregistered person, instead of mentioning the GSTIN/TRN/ARN , there is an option of ‘Permanent Account Number’ and select the ‘State from the drop down list.
- Other information is same as in case of registered taxpayer’
How to Check ticket/ Issue status on GST Grievance Redressal Portal?
You have successfully filed the complaint. But what after that?? Whether your query is still pending or it has been processed further? There might be a lot of things coming in your mind. For this the government has given the option to check ticket or Issue status on its GST Grievance Redressal Portal.
For this, there is a very easy option given by the GST Grievance Redressal Portal. So, Let us understand the complete process sequentially.
- Click on this link https://selfservice.gstsystem.in/
- Next Choose “ Check ticket/ issue status”
- Now you are required to type the 15 digit “Ticket reference Number” generated on successful submission of the complaint earlier.
- Enter the Captcha code as given in the image and click on ‘Search’ icon.
- After doing all the above steps, the details will be sent to the registered mail id. Registered mail id will be the one which you have provided at the time of lodging the complaint
To know more about GST portal, Read Here!!