- Last Date to File ITR for FY 2022-23 (AY 2023-24) - Income Tax Return Due Date
- Income Tax Return (ITR) Filing FY 2022-23 (AY 2023-24): How to File ITR Online India
- Documents Required for Income Tax Return (ITR) Filing in India FY 2022-23 (AY 2023-24)
- How to Calculate Income From House Property
- 80G Deduction: Claim Tax Benefits on Donations to Charitable Institutions
You can either login directly using your user ID and password or add few more steps to confirm that your account has not been hacked or used by a third party without your knowledge. This new and effective feature can be enabled through the two-step authentication method by following any one of the ways below:
- Net Banking
- Digital Security Certificate (DSC)
- OTP on the mobile number registered with Aadhaar
- Bank Account EVC
- Demat Account EVC
What is an E-Filing Vault, and why should you use one?
To protect your financial information, the E-filing vault provides a second degree of authentication. Your permanent account number (PAN), address, bank account data, Tax deducted at Source (TDS), history of income tax filing, and other financial details are stored in your e-filing account. After the service is successfully activated, one will be required to perform the additional check as per the selection every time you log in.
Valid user ID and Password along with government-provided proof - Aadhaar linked to PAN is the mandatory prerequisites. Several essentials are not required all at once. For Double Factor Authentication, a net banking account can be considered .
Who is eligible to use Income Tax E-Filing Vault?
You can activate this option if you have login access to the IT Department's e-filing portal. In addition, to activate the Income Tax E-Filing Vault, you must meet any of the eligibility requirements listed below.
What is the user manual to set up higher security e-filing vault?
- Step 1 : Enter your PAN, password, and captcha code to access the e-filing platform.
- Step 2 : Go to your profile settings and select the e-filing vault option with the highest level of security.
- Step 3 : To secure the account, you can select the required choices.
You can reset the password only through the selected option.
If you do not select the e-Filing Vault Password Reset option, you can reset the password using the e-Filing OTP or adhaar option.
What are the two available options in the Income Tax E-Filing Vault facility?
- As previously stated, you can activate Income Tax E-Filing Vault and secure your e-Filing account with dual authentication by using any eligible method (Net Banking, DSC, or Aadhaar OTP).
- When you forget your e-Filing account password, you can reset it. You must again register for the “Lock Reset Password Options” feature of the Income Tax E-Filing Vault.
You can use the e-Filing vault feature to increase the security of your e-Filing account if you are a server admin of the e-Filing platform.
The user has the option of selecting any of the options listed: Net Banking, Digital Security Certificate (DSC), OTP on the mobile number registered with Aadhaar, Bank Account EVC, Demat Account EVC
Before opting, one must remember the given access and ensure that one has linked that medium to his/her/their respective account. In the case of Bank Transfer, the registered user is required to fill into his/her/their e-Filing account setup again via his Net Banking access.
To log in through DSC, the user must first select the Digital Signature by going to My Profile and then selecting the option of Register Digital Signature Certificate. Before applying for the third option, the account holder must link the Aadhaar with the PAN card.
To log in with Aadhaar OTP, before selecting ‘Log in with Aadhaar OTP,' users must first link their Aadhaar to their PAN. Go to My Profile > link aadhaar to link your Aadhaar.
To login with a Bank Account, before selecting ‘Log in with a Bank Account EVC,' users must first link their bank account to their PAN. Go to My Profile > pre-validate your bank account to link it.
To log in with Demat Account EVC, before selecting ‘Login Using Demat Account EVC,' users must first link their Demat Account to their PAN. Go to My Profile > prevalidate your Demat Account to link your bank account.
There is always a constant war against privacy and data's value will rise over the years, making it even more valuable than it is now. Hence, high-security vaults are indeed the most reliable .