Overview of the changes on the new income tax portal
- The new user-friendly income tax portal is integrated with immediate processing of income tax returns to issue quick refunds to the taxpayers. This feature aims to solve the hardships of the taxpayers, which were caused due to the delay in the processing of income tax returns.
- A single dashboard has been introduced for the taxpayers to take a quick follow-up action for all interactions, communication, pending actions, etc.
- Free ITR preparation utility has been released with interactive features to help taxpayers file ITR 1, 2 & 4. Similarly, the preparation utility for ITR 3,5,6 & 7 will also be released shortly.
- The portal has introduced an Update Profile feature. The taxpayers will be able to proactively update their profiles with details of income from salary, business/profession, house property that will be used to pre-fill ITRs.
- Further, a call centre for taxpayers assistance has been set up under the new income tax portal. Taxpayers can now ask queries and get a prompt response.
Major changes on the new income tax portal
The taxpayers can now access the persona-based help content - for Individual/HUF, Company, Non-company, tax professionals & others, from the new income tax e-filing portal. They can view the guide to file ITRs, applicable forms, deductions, refund status, different tax slabs, and other related information from a single dashboard.
- The new income tax portal now provides quick access links to e-verify return, link aadhaar, know refund & ITR status, etc, under ‘Our Services’ tab.
- The income tax portal 2.0 provides access to the enhanced and user-friendly help section. Taxpayers can now use the detailed user manuals, FAQs & videos to avail various services available on the portal. In addition to this, chatbot & helpdesk has been enabled for taxpayers’ quick guidance.
The income tax portal 2.0 is all set to enhance taxpayers’ experience and ease their compliance burden. The CBDT has clarified that the new tax payment system will be enabled from 18th June 2021 after the advance tax instalment due date.
- To avail all the services offered by the new income tax portal, taxpayers need to register and log in to the portal.
- Income Tax Slab & Tax Rates for FY 2023-24 & FY 2022-23
- Income Tax Return (ITR) Filing FY 2022-23 (AY 2023-24): How to File ITR Online India
- Form 16: What is Form 16? Form 16 Meaning, Format & How to Upload
- Tax Benefits on Housing Loans for Home Buyers
- Section 234F: Penalty for Late Filing of Income Tax Return