New Income Tax Department E-Filing Website- Registration and Login Process
Every taxpayer in India is required to be a registered user on the Income Tax Department's website. As a registered user, you may see prior years' tax returns, e-verify income tax returns, and track refund status, among other things.
Income Tax Efiling Login
Step 1: Visit income tax department homepage https://www.incometax.gov.in/iec/foportal
Step 2: Enter Your Details to login
Income Tax Efiling Registration Process
If you have not registered on the new income tax portal here is the process for registration.
Prerequisites to Income Tax Login Registration
To register on the website you will need the following things with you:
- An active PAN
- An active mobile number
- An email address
With these details handy, you can log on to the website
How to Register on Income Tax Department Website: Step by Step Process
Step 1: Visit income tax Portal https://www.incometax.gov.in/iec/foportal
Step 2: Enter Your PAN Details in the given column.
Step 3: Enter Your Basic Details after entering the PAN card details.
Step 4: After completing the step one, you need to enter your contact details
Step 5: After you have filled the details, the next step is to verify them
Step 6: Verify the Details you have entered
Step 7: The next step is to secure your account with a Password. Enter a password which is strong and no one can crack. Use a combination of capital letters, small letters, numbers and symbols.
Step 8: Finally, click on Register to register yourself on the website.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q- What is there in the new income tax website?
An key enhancement to the site is the ease with which ITRs can be filed and the speed with which they may be processed to obtain returns and refunds.
Improved security, as well as different methods to access your account.
Improved, user-friendly dashboard with easy navigation. The UI is easy to navigate, and the role-based, classified menus aid in the processing of instructions and profile modifications.
Q- How to Recover Your Password for the Income Tax Department Website
You can reset your password if you've forgotten it. If your PAN is connected to your Aadhaar number, you can reset your password with a mobile OTP sent to your registered phone number.
Q- What is the process for online registration on an income tax efiling website?
One needs to follow the following steps to get registered on income tax efiling website:
- Step 1: Visit the Income Tax Login Page
- Step 2: Click on the “Register Yourself” button appearing on the top right hand corner of the page.
- Step 3: Select the type of user you are such as individual, partnership, company, trust, etc and fill in other basic details as required such as PAN, name, DOB, etc.
- Step 4: After submitting the above details, you will receive an email for verification of your email address. After completing the verification process, fill and submit certain details such as password, personal details, etc.
- Step 5: A message “Registration successful”, an email along with an activation link and a SMS with OTP.
- Step 6: Click on the activation link enter the OTP received to activate your account. Once these steps have been followed successfully, your account will be ready for income tax e-filing.
Q- How to find out tds deduction details?
One can find out his/her TDS deduction details by viewing Form 26AS, which is issued by the income tax department. In order to check TDS deduction details, one needs to follow the given steps:
- 1. Visit https://www.incometax.gov.in/iec/foportal and login to your account.
- 2. Go to 'My Account' tab.
- 3. Click on 'View Form 26AS'.
- 4. Select 'Year' and 'PDF format'.
- 5. Download the file.
Q- What is the best way to file my income tax return?
There are five ways of filing income tax returns:
- 1. Directly file to income tax department through offline or online mode.
- 2. With the help of tax return prepares (TRPs).
- 3. With the help of E-filing websites.
- 4. E-filling apps.
- 5. With the help of qualified chartered accountants.
Q- How to register pan number on income tax website?
The process of getting PAN registered on an income tax website is the same as getting online registration done on an income tax website. So, you may refer to the FAQ given above.
Q- How to determine If you are a Taxpayer in India?
Whether you are a taxpayer in India or not depends on your residential status determined as per the provisions of the Income tax Act. An individual can either be :
A) Resident and ordinarily resident (ROR)
B) Resident and not ordinarily resident (RNOR),
C) Non resident. While almost the entire income from various sources of a ROR is taxable in India, the scope of taxability of income of RNOR is lower and for a non resident it ia the lowest.
Q-Forgot user id of income tax website, what to do?
PAN number is user id always. If you forget your password you can recover it easily by clicking forgot password. You will have to validate yourself through your registered email id. You can reset it from incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in.
Q- What is e filing website password?
The e filing website password is used with the user id (which is the PAN of the taxpayer) to login to the income tax e filing site.
Q- What is ITR form number?
There are seven types of ITR forms which have been notified by the income tax department for filing income tax return. They are ITR 1, ITR 2, ITR 3, ITR 4, ITR 5, ITR 6 & ITR 7. Each form applies to a particular class of taxpayers and is to be filled by them. For example, ITR 1 is filed by individual taxpayers who have earnings from salary or other source and have one house. For more details on which ITR form to use when, please visit https://tax2win.in/guide/itr-forms
Q- What are the prerequisites for Individuals to Register on Income Tax Portal?
An individual while registering on income tax efiling portal shall keep the following details handy:
- PAN card details
- Mobile No
- Address Details
- E mail ID
People also ask
- Types Of Income, Deductions, Tax Slabs & e-Filing ITR Online
- Advance Tax: Calculate & Make Payment Online
- URN Status - How to check your URN Status?
- Udyog Aadhar Registration
- Self Assessment Tax
- Securities Transaction Tax (STT)
- Section 92E - Furnishing Reports For International Transactions
- Presumptive Income Taxation Under Income Tax Act
- Section 44ADA - Presumptive Taxation
- Section 44AD - Presumptive Taxation
- Section 12A - Tax Exemptions for Charitable Trusts & NGOs
- PRAN Card - Permanent Retirement Account Number Guide
- Minimum Alternative Tax - Applicability & Calculation of MAT Credit
- Section 56 - Taxation of Wedding/Marriage Gifts Received
- Income Tax on Dividends - How dividends are taxed?
- Income Tax on Awards & Prizes - Lottery, Game Shows, Puzzle
- Claim Tax Credit on Foreign Income of a Resident Indian
- Income Tax Audit Under Section 44AB of Income Tax Act
- Income Tax Act & Laws - 1961 & 1962
- Gross Total Income - Computation of Total Taxable Income
- Form 10E - Claim Income Tax Relief under Section 89(1)
- Dividend Mutual Funds
- Cost Inflation Index (CII)
- Agricultural Income - Types & Tax Calculation
- 5-Year Post Office Recurring Deposit
- Voter ID /Election Card - Documents, Application, Eligibility
- Total Income - How to Calculate It?
- Income Tax India E - filing Login
- KYC (Know Your Customer) - How to Check Your KYC Status
- Section 87A - Tax Rebate under Section 87A
- Union Budget 2019 - Key Highlights
- Income Tax Form 60
- Income Tax For Self Employed Business, Profession & Freelancers
- Govt. Jobs v/s Private Jobs - Comparative study on benefits
- Section 234F - Penalty for Late Filing of Income Tax Return
- Section 234C - Interest on Deferred Payment of Advance Tax
- Section 234B - Interest on Delayed Payment of Advance Tax
- Section 234A - Interest Penalty on Delayed ITR Filing
- Section 234F - Penalty for Late Filing of Income Tax Return