- Last Date to File ITR for FY 2022-23 (AY 2023-24) - Income Tax Return Due Date
- Income Tax Return (ITR) Filing FY 2022-23 (AY 2023-24): How to File ITR Online India
- Documents Required for Income Tax Return (ITR) Filing in India FY 2022-23 (AY 2023-24)
- How to Calculate Income From House Property
- 80G Deduction: Claim Tax Benefits on Donations to Charitable Institutions
Four Easy Steps towards Filing Paper Income Tax Return
While we see India taking big steps towards digitalization there are still people who struggle with the online procedure. Therefore, the government gives us both electronic and manual methods to fill Income Tax Returns (ITR). First is the paperless way through filing ITR online and the second is a paper form that has to be submitted to the local Income Tax Office.
Filling Online Income Tax Return
Electronically submitting your tax return is quick, convenient, and more secure than paper filing. But still, it is not as easy as it sounds it takes time to complete the form and you have to go through a very complex procedure.
How to fill Paper Income Tax Return?
This option is preferable for the ones who want to follow the traditional method and for those who have a simpler tax return.
Follow these four easy steps to fill paper ITR
- Download Relevant Form from the Income Tax Department website along with Acknowledgement Form .
Link – https://www.incometaxindia.gov.in/Pages/downloads/income-tax-return.aspx
- Fill your income and other basic details in the Form.
- Sign the ITR Form
- Go and submit it to Local Income Tax Office and make sure to collect a copy along with Receipt Stamp.
Please note that you cannot fill the return through paper mode if you fall into any of the following situations :
- If your income exceeds Rs. 5 lakhs.
- If you are eligible for refund.
Which Income Tax Form to fill?
There are 7 ITR forms listed in the Income Tax Department website along with a brief description of the form, download the form which is relevant to you.
If you are still confused about the selection to be made refer our blog on ITR forms to gain greater clarity https://tax2win.in/guide/new-itr-forms/
If you were ambiguous so far and we hope this post must have rested your queries. Now it is all up to your continence to choose between e-filling and paper filing ITR.
In both the processes, you don't need to attach any other document along with the ITR Form. However,you must keep the documents ready and furnish in case the officer demands to see them.
Looking someone to help you with taxes, Tax2win is just a click away!!