Banglarbhumi 2023-West Bengal Land Records
Banglarbhumi, also known as Bangabhumi, is the online web portal for West Bengal citizens. It deals with the Land, land reforms, rehabilitation, and refugee relief departments that are launched by the West Bengal state government. It is the trusted web portal for the people of West Bengal to retrieve the West Bangal land information, the owner of the land and the value of the land in a particular area of the state.
www.banglarbhumi.gov.in is the official website that stores all the land record details of the state. If a potential buyer wants to purchase land or property in the state, he can go through the web portal- www.banglarbhumi.gov.in 2023 for Khatian & Plot information. One can also check the name of the land, the original owner of the land, plot number, and the area as per the survey number. One can get the details of the land in the form of registered details and Maps so that the buyer can make a good decision while purchasing land avoiding the middleman and scammers.
Banglarbhumi: Online Portal for West Bengal Land Record
The Ministry of West Bengal launched the Banglarbhumi portal in 2010 to alleviate the hardship of common people and provide them with precise land and land reforms information. The website also contains information related to the Rehabilitation and Refugee Relief department of the Government of West Bengal.
Using the Banglarbhumi online portal, now, any person can retrieve land and property-related information, including the name of the owner, land area, the value of the property, plot number, and also the name of the present owner. All you are required to do is – fill in the district (mouza) and block (Khaitan) details to derive the information.
In addition to this, the Banglarbhumi online portal has also proven to be of great benefit to entrepreneurs who intend to set up new industries in the state. It provides them with knowledge of the infrastructure available at the prospective location.
Moreover, for the ease of common people, the Banglarbhumi website has also been made available in app form on playstore that can be downloaded to check out plot information, land records, the status of mutation, etc.
The launch of the Banglarbhumi online portal (www.banglarbhumi.gov.in) has helped the Department of Land and Land Reforms maintain west bengal land record of approximately 42,159 mouzas and 4.30 crore khatians across the state. As a result, the Department of Land and Land Reforms is able to discharge its services to the stakeholders in an effective and efficient manner.
Banglarbhumi.gov.in 2023: The Details
However, the Banglarbhumi.gov.in 2023 online portal not only provided all the information related to the land and land reforms but also focused on offering a variety of services, including:
- Registration of Deed
- Mutation Application and Status
- ROR Request
- Khatian & Plot Information (Know Your Property)
- RS-LR Plot Information
- GRN Search
- Mouza Map
- Application/ Receipt Reprint
Let’s discuss in detail each of these services and the process to be followed to retrieve information about the land and land reforms.
Registration of Deed
Registration of Deed is a binding agreement between two parties who willingly come to terms with selling and purchasing a property. Once the land is registered in the name of the purchaser, the purchaser becomes the legal owner of the property.
Registration of Deed can also be termed as the purchase/land deed which needs to be registered with the government. You can find a detailed explanation of the process for registering a deed here.
Moreoverthe government has included an option to schedule an e-appointment for the registration of the deed. It is important to note that E-payment for registering the deed is necessary if the stamp duty payable exceeds Rs.10,000/- or the registration fee payable is more than Rs.5,000/- or both.
This registration procedure is further consolidated with the Income Tax Department so that PAN validation of the parties involved at the time of deed registration is possible.
How to Check Khatian & Plot Information at Banglarbhumi Online Portal - www.banglarbhumi.gov.in?
To know your Khatian No. & Plot Information, visit the official website and follow the steps mentioned below:
- As soon as you reach the homepage, look at the top right side of the website. You will find five quick links for action, including Citizen Services, Know Your Property, Query Search, Public Grievance, and Mouza Information.
- Click on Know Your Property, and you will be directed to the page Khatian & Plot Information.
- Select your district name from the drop-down list.
- Subsequently, choose your Block and Mouza name from the available list.
- The page will be displayed in two parts. You can search either by your Khatian number or Plot number as per your preference.
- After entering the respective number, click on the view button. You will receive all the information related to your Khatian and Plot, including the value of your property.
Image 1(a) shows Khatian & Plot Information || Source - https://banglarbhumi.gov.in/
How to Know the RS-LR Plot Information Using Banglarbhumi Online Portal- www.banglarbhumi.gov.in?
The process to find Revisional Settlement and Land Reform (RS-LR) plot information is easy. All you are required to do is:
- Visit the authorized website, click on the Citizen Services tab, and log in using your user ID and password. If you do not have an account, sign up and log in.
Image 1(b) shows the path of RS-LR Information || Source - https://banglarbhumi.gov.in/
- Once you enter your login information, click on submit. It will direct you to various options – select Banglarbhumi RS-LR plot information from the displayed page.
- You will see the fields like District, Block, and Mouza Map.
- Choose your district name, block name, and mouza name from the drop-down menu.
- Now, when you click on the page, it will display two options:
- Hal Dag->Sabek Dag (RS Plot No.)
- Sabek Dag > Hal Dag (LR Plot No.)
- Select your required option, enter the respective Plot No., and click on the submit button.
- It will display all the required information about the RS-LR Plot. Also, you can take a print of this information for further usage.
How to apply for the Land conversion at www.banglarbhumi.gov.in?
The land is classified into different types in West Bengal. The main reason for applying for a land conversion is to convert any utilized land into agricultural land. Or to convert the agricultural land into commercial land to build houses and commercial complexes. The conversion of land will increase the value of the land if the availability of the land nearby river or pond will have a higher value if it is utilized for construction.
The land conversion process abided by West Bengal Land Reforms Act 1955, under sections 4A, 4B, 4C and 4D. If you want to convert land for some purpose, you have to submit the application form to the Land & Land reforms and Refugee Relief and Rehabilitation Department.
You can apply online at http://www.banglarbhumi.gov.in 2023 website.
- Visit the official Banglarbhumi 2023 website. Then, select the online application option in the Customer services tab.
- Select the Conversion Application ; it will direct you to an online form for land conversion. Before filling out the form, you must keep the following documents ready with you.
- Copy of Registration deed (for transfer)
- Copy of Mutation certificate
- Receipt of processing fee in advance ; the fee acknowledgment number generated helps in filling the form.
- Copy of land information, plot information, and map of land getting converted along with the map of adjacent land.
- Copy of recent rent bills, electric bills, etc.
- Fill out the application with genuine details and fill in the mandatory fields.
- Upload the “List of Enclosures” that are requested to upload in the online land conversion form.
- Select the payment method and make the payment online through GRIPS (net banking, credit/debit cards)
Details of Fee Payments for different land conversions
A Fee payment acknowledgment receipt is generated along with a number. Save and take a printout of the receipt. It is useful in tracking the status of the land.
Note: The Land Reforms authority will process the land conversion and grant approval through the concerned authority.
This web portal is very useful in reducing the scammers as the buyer will know the exact details and value of the land on this website. This website is helpful in detecting the total land area, and indirectly, it helps the government to know about urbanization. The RoR information obtained from this website will be useful to know the rightful owner of the land even after years.
What is Mutation?
Mutation Application process
What is Mutation?
The Mutation is the change in ownership from one person to another person when a property is sold or transferred. After the property is mutated, it is changed to the name of the new owner. Therefore, it makes the new owner liable for paying the property tax to the revenue department
Step-by-step procedure for Mutation Application
- Visit the official website. Log in with your User Id and Password in the customer services option.
- Click on the online application and select the Mutation Application form. Enter the relevant details in the application form and submit.
- Applicant Description: The details of the applicant, name, address, mobile number, etc.
- Particulars of Transfer: The land details which is being transferred to the buyer.
- List of Enclosures: All the scanned copies related to the land and tax bills.
- Application number of the Mutation Application is generated along with the date it is applied.
The Application No generated is used to know the status of the mutation status online on the Banglarbhumi 2023 website.
Fees Payment Method
Once the registration is done and applied for the mutation process and the mutation number is generated online, you can make the fee payment.
Again, it has been made easy to customers to make payments online.
The fee is paid for different types of land.
Steps to Make a mutation fee payment
- Click on customer services and select fee payment. Then fill up the request type, Application number, which is generated during the application process.
- Submit ‘Next’ for the payment options.
- If the fee payment is made online (GRIPS option Net banking and Debit card), the mutation case number is registered quickly.
- If the payment is offline, then you must apply through the application of GRN search online application form.
- Make the payment and take the printout of the fee Payment.
Note: The fee payment Acknowledge is useful in requesting the Certified copies of ROR/Plot Information/ Plot Maps through the online web portal https://edistrict.wb.gov.in/
A ROR (Record of Rights) is a binding document that has to be filled in order to check fraudulent land transactions. Every landowner is required to have this document at the stage of land registration. To know about the details of your ROR, follow the below steps:
- Visit the website http://banglarbhumi.gov.in/BanglarBhumi/Home.action and select the ‘know your property’ option.
- The page will redirect you to the Khatian and plot information page. Select the page.
- After knowing the details, enter your district, name, and mouza map information.
- Once you enter the details, it will ask for the ROR document.
- Enter the plot number, and then click on the submit button.
- Once you submit, you can to view the complete details of your land if the records are available. If no records appear, the page will display no records found.
Image 1(c) shows ROR / Khatian || Source - https://banglarbhumi.gov.in/ 2023
Due to the mandatory requirement of ROR at the time of land registration, the government has been able to publish 620 mouzas which were pending for around thirty years.
What is GRN Search?
When buying or selling land, you are required to create a GRN (Goods Received Note) search to document the delivery of that particular land. It is a significant document that helps in verifying your payment status (the payment of taxes and non-taxes is maintained in the GRN status).
For instance, if you have applied for a mutation case and you have not yetreceived any notification about whether or not your payment has been successful, you can easily check it by performing a GRN search.
- All you are required to do is – visit the Online Application in the mutation case process and select the option Banglarbhumi GRN Search.
- Within a few minutes, you will get to know your payment status. Besides, you can register your mutation case as soon as you get a successful GRN search status.
Banglarbhumi Mouza Map
Banglarbhumi Mouza Maps are intended to exhibit the exact location of your banglarbhumi khatian/plot. To check the precise location of your Khatian/plot using Banglarbhumi Mouza Maps, follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Visit the Banglarbhumi 2023 Online Portal and look for the menu option.
- Select the Citizen Services option, or you can directly choose the Know Your Property option.
- Once you click on it, the page will redirect to Plot Map-Request.
- Select your district name from the drop-down menu.
- Subsequently, choose your Block and Mouza name from the available options.
- The page will exhibit two options. Choose plot information and enter the plot number to get the details of the plot map.
- Click on the enter button and submit the details.
You will be able to view the entire details of Banglarbhumi Mouza Maps.
Application/ Receipt Reprint
In the midst of a busy life, it happens that somehow you might misplace the application form or the payment receipt. In that case, you have nothing to be worried about, as you can easily reprint the documents from the Banglarbhumi Online Portal. Just follow these simple steps, and you can retrieve your documents:
- Visit the official website.
- Once the homepage loads, you will see various options like Citizen Services, Know Your Property, etc. Select the Online Application option. Post that, click on the hyperlink ‘Application/Receipt Reprint’.
- Subsequently, choose the request type from the drop-down menu. Select from any of the five request types: Conversion, Mutation, Certified Copy, Plot Information, and Plot Map.
- Fill in the application no. and the captcha characters. Submit the details, and it will display the form you wish to print.
- Click on the print button.
So, now that you are aware of each of the services the Banglarbhumi Online Portal provides, you can easily find information related to your land and land reforms. You can also avail of its services using the app available on the Play store or App store.
How to check the West Bengal Land Classification at http://www.banglarbhumi.gov.in website
The land is classified into many types in the West Bengal state. The land classification can be viewed in the Banglarbhumi web portal. The main use of the land classification is that a buyer can view the information mentioned and can make a judgment on making a purchase. It is also helpful in deciding the value of the land.
The steps to check the land classification
The steps to be followed to check the land classification are as follows-
- Visit the official Banglarbhumi website. Log in with your User Id and Password.
- Select Customer services, and then select land classification
- It will open a new webpage, select the respective district then all land with different codes and names are displayed.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q- What is ROR?
The full form of ROR in land is Record of Rights. It holds the detailed information of property and its transactions.
Q- What is Plot no and Khatian no?
In land records, Plot no and Khatian no are two different types of numbers that are issued by the state government to mark a land parcel. The local municipal authorities issue an identification number to a piece of Plot or land which is known as Plot no. In contrast, the state government issues the Khatian number to the landowners. It contains the registration information that holds the complete records of a land/property.
Q- How to check Khatian No. and plot information?
Go to www banglarbhumi gov in Khatian & plot information and click on the Know your Property tab. Choose your Block, District, and Mouza. Now, you can complete your searches either by Khatian No or by Plot. Then, click on the Submit button.
Q- Can I search Khatian No. by name?
Yes, you can search Khatian by name. First, click the Know your Property --> Select Block, District, and Mouza --> Click the Submit button. The following image shows the Khatian searches by name.
Image 1(d) shows Khatian Search Result By Name || Source - https://banglarbhumi.gov.in/ 2023
Q- What is the deed number in WB?
When a property is get transferred, then a registration no. of the property document is registered at the concerned authority, i.e., at Deed Office. This registration no. is known as a Deed number in West Bengal. One can search the deed number of the property by name, by property details, and by query number at banglarbhumi.gov.in 2023.
Q- How can I register at Banglarbhumi 2023 portal?
To search the land records, Khatian and plot information, mutations, Mouza Maps, and other information, one can create an account at the Banglarbhumi gov in website. Follow the mentioned steps:
Step 1: Log in to Banglarbhumi's official website at
Step 2: On the homepage, you will get a Sign-Up button. Click on this.
Step 3: A new registration form will appear, as shown below.
Image 1(e) shows Public Registration Form || Source - https://banglarbhumi.gov.in/ 2023
Fill out the details thoroughly. Make sure you are entering details with accuracy.
- Full Name
- Guardians Name
- User type
- Email Address
- Email OTP
- Mobile Number
- Mobile OTP
- Captcha Code
Step 4: Now, press the Submit button.
- Income Tax Slab & Tax Rates for FY 2023-24 & FY 2022-23
- Income Tax Return (ITR) Filing FY 2022-23 (AY 2023-24): How to File ITR Online India
- Form 16: What is Form 16? Form 16 Meaning, Format & How to Upload
- Tax Benefits on Housing Loans for Home Buyers
- Section 234F: Penalty for Late Filing of Income Tax Return