Form 26AS is a statement maintained and generated by the Income Tax Department for each individual assessee (person). Income Tax Form 26AS is also known as an annual statement which contains all tax-related information of a taxpayer. The details give a clearer picture of the tax commitments of a taxpayer. It is associated with PAN. Form 26AS income tax contains
- Details of tax deducted from your income by deductors (TDS).
- Details of tax collected by collectors (TCS).
- Advance tax paid by the taxpayer.
- Self-assessment tax payments.
- Regular assessment tax deposited by the taxpayers (PAN holders).
- Details of the refund received by you during the financial year.
- Details of the High-value Transactions in respect of shares, mutual funds, etc.
- Interest received from banks & others without deducting any TDS as the declaration is provided such as Form 15G / H in respect of low/no deduction.
What are the new Form 26AS Income Tax additions?
- Foreign remittance information reported in Form 15CC
- Information from the Annexure-II of the last quarter's Form 24Q related to TDS on salary
- Information from other taxpayers' ITRs.
- Interest on a refund of income tax.
- Information on Form 61/61A that could be used to populate the PAN.
- Depository/Registrar and Transfer Agent report off-market transactions.
- The Registrar and Transfer Agent report information on mutual fund dividends.
- The Registrar and Transfer Agent report information regarding mutual fund purchases (RTA).
Read More View and Download Form 26AS through TRACES