Form 26AS is a statement maintained and generated by the Income Tax Department for each individual assessee (person). Form 26AS is also known as annual statement which contains all tax related information of a taxpayer. The details give a clearer picture of the tax commitments of a taxpayer. It is associated with PAN. Form 26AS contains:
- Details of tax deducted on your income by deductors(TDS).
- Details of tax collected by collectors(TCS).
- Advance tax paid by the taxpayer.
- Self-assessment tax payments.
- Regular assessment tax deposited by the taxpayers (PAN holders).
- Details of refund received by you during the financial year.
- Details of the High value Transactions in respect of shares, mutual fund etc.
- Interest received from bank & others without deducting any TDS as declaration is provided such as Form 15G / H in respect of low/no deduction.