Procedure to open Sukanya Samriddhi account in SBI
SBI offers easy access to this scheme, even for people who do not have a savings account in SBI. To open an account, you will need the following documents.
- Form for Sukanya Samriddhi account [can be taken from the Bank]
- Birth certificate of the girl child
- Photograph of the child and parent
- Photo ID of natural or legal guardian
- Address proof of natural or legal guardian
Once you have prepared all your documents, submit them at an SBI branch nearest to you. To open your account you will need to deposit a minimum of INR250. Thereafter, you can deposit any amount up to INR 1.5 lakhs in a financial year, in multiples of 100.
Modes of deposit in SBI
- Demand Draft
- Transfer/ online transfers through Internet Banking
Benefits of Sukanya Samriddhi in SBI
- High interest rate 8.4% compounded annually
- The income tax deduction is available u/s 80C for an amount of up to Rs 1.5 lakhs. Also, the maturity amount is tax free.
- Availability of standing Instructions can be given either at the Branch or set through Internet Banking for automatic credit
- to Sukanya Samriddhi account
This scheme offers parents and guardians a wonderful way of saving for a girl child’s future. In addition, with SBI’s hassle-free system of opening and maintaining the account, more individuals can take advantage of this scheme.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q- I don’t have an account with SBI. Can I still open an SSY account?
Ans: Yes, SBI facilitates opening up of Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana account even if a person does not have savings account with SBI Bank.
- Form 16: What is Form 16? Form 16 Meaning, Format & How to Upload
- Income Tax Slab & Tax Rates for FY 2022-23 (AY 2023-24)
- Income Tax Return (ITR) Filing FY 2022-23 (AY 2023-24): How to File ITR Online India
- Tax Benefits on Housing Loans for Home Buyers
- Section 234F: Penalty for Late Filing of Income Tax Return