- Last Date to File ITR for FY 2022-23 (AY 2023-24) - Income Tax Return Due Date
- Income Tax Return (ITR) Filing FY 2022-23 (AY 2023-24): How to File ITR Online India
- Documents Required for Income Tax Return (ITR) Filing in India FY 2022-23 (AY 2023-24)
- How to Calculate Income From House Property
- 80G Deduction: Claim Tax Benefits on Donations to Charitable Institutions
How To Become A Buyer At Myntra
Being a responsible buyer is not an easy task. You are thrust in a whirlpool of hundreds of fashion and lifestyle products. The extravagant display forces you to question your decision-making ability. Apart from selecting products from the stack, you also have to check the quality, size, manufacturing, and if the product is worthy of your money. All of this can be exhausting but fret not, you have Myntra. Myntra is one of the best e-commerce portals in today's time which guarantees the authenticity of its products and makes it worth your money. Read the rest of the article and know for yourself.
What is Myntra?
Myntra, like many other e-commerce portals is popular for fashion and lifestyle products. Myntra is a one-stop shopping portal which provides a variety of fashion, lifestyle, home decor, footwear, accessories, and kids products. This e-commerce giant was started by Mukesh Bansal, Ashutosh Lawania, and Vineet Saxena and is based out of Banglore, Karnataka. It is ranked amongst the top e-commerce businesses due to special facilities like providing personalised gifts, user-friendly interface, and gratifying shopping experience. At Myntra, buyers can find the trendiest and coolest fashion products which can be shipped to any part of the country without any charges.
Myntra is an agglomeration of 500 brands producing over 30,000 different styles which send the buyers in a daze. Apart from the assortment of styles and brands, Myntra offers free shipping, 30 days exchange policy, facility to track your order, and pick a time for delivery according to your convenience.
What makes Myntra an attractive option amongst buyers?
There are a variety of factors which contributes towards making Myntra attractive e-commerce amongst the buyers. The list of factors is mentioned below:
- No role of intermediaries: the products are directly procured from the manufacturer. There is no role of intermediaries in the supply chain who tends to increase the price of the product.
- Fewer investments: since it is a virtual store, there is no setup, maintenance, employee and decoration costs involved. It also reduces your investments in marketing, distribution costs.
- Low prices: initially, the retailers sell their products at a very low price. They keep their profit margins low with an ulterior motive of eliminating their competition in the market. Once they have their customers’ number increasing, they also increase the price of the product steadily.
Which e-commerce portal is better amongst Amazon and Myntra for buyers?
The differentiation has been made according to various categories like the quality of products, order delivery, canceling your order, return and refund policy, shipping charges, and how cashback can be utilized. All the related information has been provided which can be useful for the buyers.
Quality of Products
Myntra is a collection of top class brands and sells quality products from Dorothy Perkins, Calvin Klein, Guess, Aldo, Mango, MAC, Marks and Spencer, GAP, and many more. If you are a brand person, then Myntra would be an ideal choice for you.
Amazon has tie-ups with known and unknown brands. You might find a lot of new brands rather than the established ones. So if you more for comfort and affordable clothing, then Amazon would be your go-to shopping portal.
Delivery of the product
Myntra assures on-time delivery. It makes sure that you are receiving your product on the date given to you. Whereas at Amazon, delivery depends on the seller chosen. While showcasing the products, it shows a list of sellers offering the same product at varying prices. So, the delivery of the product depends on the seller chosen.
Canceling your product
At Myntra, canceling your product is very easy. In your account, you just have to put in return request before receiving the order. You can also refuse to receive your order and return it during the time of delivery. You can also return the product after receiving the product.
Amazon also has a similar cancellation policy. Although, canceling product before receiving it is not always successful.
The refund policy is very transparent and lenient at Myntra. The amount is refunded within a few hours of returning the shipment. And the best part of Myntra is that they don't deduct delivery charges from the refunded amount. As per Amazon's policy, delivery charges are deducted in almost all the cases before the amount is refunded.
Myntra offers free shipping above the order value of Rs. 999. At Amazon, delivery charges are calculated as per the product. Some products offer free delivery whereas some products charge a minimum delivery amount. The shipping charges are not consistent at Amazon.
Myntra automatically deducts the cashback from your next order's total amount. You can use the cashback anytime you like and it is also available on cash on delivery orders. At Amazon, you cannot use your cashback while opting for cash on delivery.
Step by step guide to become a buyer at Myntra
Follow the steps mentioned below to become a buyer at Myntra.
- Go to www.myntra.com and select sign up under the Profile section.
- You can sign up on Myntra via three different ways. First, you can link sign up by using your Facebook account. Secondly, you can sign up by using your google account. And thirdly, you can sign up by creating your own Myntra account. For this, you will have to fill in your email address, select a password, put in your mobile number, and select the gender. After you have submitted all the details, select Register.
- You will receive a confirmation mail on your registered email address. Click on the link given in the email to verify the email address. Once the verification process is complete, you will officially be registered as a buyer at Myntra.
- Once you are registered as a buyer, browse through the Myntra catalogue to look for products.
For gender-specific or age-specific needs, you can browse through the categories mentioned above. If you are looking for a specific product, you can search for it in the search bar on the right side of the screen.
- Once you stumble upon the product you like, click on the image to check the detailed information about the product. If you are certain about buying the product, click on Add to bag.
- Once you have added the product to the bag, you can continue shopping. If not, then you select bag on the rightmost corner of the screen.
- Once you have clicked on bag, a window similar to the one mentioned above will be displayed. At this point, you will be shown the entire summary of your purchase. Once you are 100% sure about the product, click on place order and you will be directed to the payment portal.
- You will have different payment options like Cash on delivery, Internet banking, and pay via credit/debit card. Choose the option which suits your interest and confirm your order.
- Once you have confirmed the order, you will receive a product confirmation email and an SMS on your registered mobile number.
- The confirmation message will also contain the date of delivery.
- Now, all you have to do is wait for the product to be delivered.
How to track your shipment?
You can track your account either via Myntra's online account or by using the link attached in the confirmation email/SMS.
To track via Myntra online account
- Log in to your account and opt for orders under the profile section.
- Under orders, it will display the summary of all your products. Select the product you need to track and look for something similar to track your shipment.
- After selecting you will be able to track your shipment and it will give you detailed information about the shipping company and the delivery person.
Tracking your oder via the link
Click on the tracking link mentioned in your confirmation email/SMS. It will directly lead you to the status of your product.
How to return/exchange/get a refund for your product?
If you don't like your product or not satisfied with it, you can choose any option from the above. To do so, you will have to log in in your Myntra account. Under the order section, select the product on which action needs to be taken. It will show a variety of options like: exchange your product, return your product, or get a refund for your product.
Choose the options which suit your needs and complete the process.
This blog explains what it likes to be a buyer at Myntra. So, choose Myntra as it gives you an opportunity to be a responsible buyer.