- Last Date to File ITR for FY 2022-23 (AY 2023-24) - Income Tax Return Due Date
- Income Tax Return (ITR) Filing FY 2022-23 (AY 2023-24): How to File ITR Online India
- Documents Required for Income Tax Return (ITR) Filing in India FY 2022-23 (AY 2023-24)
- How to Calculate Income From House Property
- 80G Deduction: Claim Tax Benefits on Donations to Charitable Institutions
Update on Demonetization: Old Rs. 500 notes will no more be accepted at petrol pumps!
After the cancellation of legal tender character of old Rs. 500 and Rs. 1000 denomination bank notes, the Government had exempted certain categories of transactions wherein the old high denomination bank notes were accepted. The Government had extended the exemption period for these categories from time to time.
Now, with effect from midnight of 2nd December, 2016:
- Old notes will not be accepted at petrol, diesel and gas outlets of Public Sector Oil and Gas Marketing Companies;
- Purchase of air tickets at airports through old Rs. 500 notes discontinued;
- The exemption from toll tax has been withdrawn. Further, old Rs. 500 notes will only be accepted where the toll exceeds Rs. 200.
Further, it is also to be noted that the other exempted categories that have earlier been notified will continue to accept old Rs. 500 notes till 15th December, 2016.